Options

[WP-SmugMug] RSS feed more than 100 pictures

TheBubbleBoyTheBubbleBoy Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
I use the WP-SmugMug plugin (great plugin :thumb) for WordPress to make a picture gallery.

However, I can't have more than 100 pictures in a SM gallery because the RSS only shows the first 100 pictures in a gallery and not picture 101, 102, ...

Since WP-SmugMug uses the RSS, I cannot show e.g. photos 75-115 on my WordPress blog. Is there anyway to increase the number of picture-links in the RSS gallery, get just a subset or maybe another solution (without splitting up the SM gallery)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 2, 2009
    You can add &ImageCount=x to the url to increase the number of images returned.

Our feeds also support paging, where adding &PageCount=y, will return "y" images per page until "x" images.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    frbfrb Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    devbobo wrote:

Our feeds also support paging, where adding &PageCount=y, will return "y" images per page until "x" images.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
    Paging doesn't appear to work on a nicknameRecentPhotos feed.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/aqr28p

Also, adding &ImageCount appears to modify the order of the photos received. For example, compare the first photo of this feed

http://preview.tinyurl.com/asrkrz

with the first photo of this feed

http://preview.tinyurl.com/c8ycyw

- they're different, but the only difference in the URLs is that the first one has &ImageCount=1 added.

For my app, which relies on the nicknameRecentPhotos feed to check for updates, and adds ImageCount=1 (as it only needs to check the most recent photo for an update), this is causing it to check the feed twice (again without ImageCount)... which is annoying...

Fingers crossed for a fix!

Thanks DevBobo
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2009
    Just rewrote the RecentPhoto feed code, it seems lots betterer now...it will go live with our next push.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2009
    Thanks David

Much appreciated!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again
    Felix
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2009
    ok, the new code is live thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2009
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2009
    frb wrote:

There was some issues with limiting the PhotoCount, when videos were the most recently uploaded items on your account...a fix for that is live now.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Thank you for the thread op,
    I have a problem with the Plugin and I was wondering if it's on my end?

I have the Collapsible pages installed & this plugin installed as a combo, For the life of me I don't know what's going on my galleries seem to be running into each other, I don't know if I should give them a page break? Or what do I need to do Please help me?

Here's the demo

• Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    devbobo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David

Thanks for revealing the 'secret' ImageCount parameter...

I'm running in another problem, the caption field in the RSS feed is being cut of. It ends prematuraly with ' ...'

Is there anyway to increase the maximum number of caption characters (I tried &CaptionLength=xxx, but that doesn't seem to be the secret :D)

Also:

Is there anyway to turn off the automatic stripping of HTML tags? Right now, I have to write really unreadable captions such as <b>Title:</b> Bubblying<br> <b>When:</b> Yesterday... to get the proper HTML tags in the RSS feed. But typing <b>Title:</b> Bubblying<br/><b>When:</b> Yesterday would be way nicer and efficient....
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2009
    Question might be a bit off topic, so I've made my question as a seperate thread, here.
  • Options
    sweatysmilessweatysmiles Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 23, 2009
    ImageCount Limits
    Hello,
    Is there a limit on ImageCount or PageCount? I have tried a few times, it appears that Imagecount does not work and PageCount is limited at 200?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    Feed paging is on by default now.

With feed paging, ImageCount sets the total number of images to be retrieved and then PageCount determines how many of those to display per page.

If you don't want feed paging, set &Paging=0 and use ImageCount to return as many images as you want.

Hope this helps,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    Feed paging is on by default now.

With feed paging, ImageCount sets the total number of images to be retrieved and then PageCount determines how many of those to display per page.

If you don't want feed paging, set &Paging=0 and use ImageCount to return as many images as you want.

Hope this helps,

David

Dev: This doesn't work for comments, which seems stuck with a limit of 10 per page, and without any next/prev links.

Links:

http://api.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=usercomments&Data=dgrin&format=rss200&PageCount=20&ImageCount=200
    http://api.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=usercomments&Data=dgrin&format=rss200&Paging=0&ImageCount=200
  • Options
    BruinCubBruinCub Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2009
    RSS feed broken
    Hey David,

Support sent me to this thread, but I'm not sure if the recent changes you've been making is the cause of my Recent Photos feed not being populated.

Here's the link (the ATOM feed also doesn't work):

http://bruincub.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nicknameRecentPhotos&Data=BruinCub&format=rss200

However, recent galleries does:

http://bruincub.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nickname&Data=BruinCub&format=rss200

Weird. But I hope you're able to shed some light on the problem. Thanks!

devbobo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
  • Options
    bgunsbergerbgunsberger Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 22, 2009
    Hi David,

A quick question - is there any way to get a feed for recent photos from a particular gallery? At the moment I'm using Yahoo pipes to filter the recent photos feed, but it would be nice to get a feed for each gallery directly.

Just having a "sort" parameter on the gallery feed would be great. Something like:

..../feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=5193612_nTRNH&format=rss200&sortorder=recentfirst

Thanks,

Ben
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    Hi David,

A quick question - is there any way to get a feed for recent photos from a particular gallery? At the moment I'm using Yahoo pipes to filter the recent photos feed, but it would be nice to get a feed for each gallery directly.

Just having a "sort" parameter on the gallery feed would be great. Something like:

..../feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=5193612_nTRNH&format=rss200&sortorder=recentfirst

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben,

We don't at the moment, you could get the result you wanted by sorting your album in that manner. eg. DateTaken or DateUploaded and order by descending...that way the feed will return the most recent first without having to use pipes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    darryl wrote:

Any thoughts, Dev?
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    darryl wrote:
    Any thoughts, Dev?

yeah i need to fix it :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Where do I get code and where do I put code
    OK, this looks like a great thing to add to my blog (www.journeyamerica.wordpress.com) ... but I'm confused.

EXACTLY where do I get the code to add it to my blog and EXACTLY where do I add the code in wordpress?

Thanks a bunch!

Jerry
    www.Meesoon.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gonzotoogonzotoo Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2009
    I use the WP-SmugMug plugin (great plugin thumb.gif) for WordPress to make a picture gallery.

However, I can't have more than 100 pictures in a SM gallery because the RSS only shows the first 100 pictures in a gallery and not picture 101, 102, ...

Since WP-SmugMug uses the RSS, I cannot show e.g. photos 75-115 on my WordPress blog. Is there anyway to increase the number of picture-links in the RSS gallery, get just a subset or maybe another solution (without splitting up the SM gallery)?

Thanks!

I'm totally lost, I can't seem to make this work at all. I put in the RSS feed URL, I have two galleries setup and it looks like it wants to display the image but I get those nice little boxes that aren't quite Red X's but basically the same.
  • Options
    gonzotoogonzotoo Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2009
    gonzotoo wrote:
    I'm totally lost, I can't seem to make this work at all. I put in the RSS feed URL, I have two galleries setup and it looks like it wants to display the image but I get those nice little boxes that aren't quite Red X's but basically the same.

I suppose I should have added the RSS feed huh?

http://tiniimages.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=8271327_c9bQX&format=rss200
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    devbobo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
    The ImageCount for recent galleries feed has stopped working in FF3.5.
    Only get three galleries.
    Remove the count var and get 100's.

....&format=rss200&ImageCount=40
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    trevorcoopertrevorcooper Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 21, 2009
    Feed Changes
    Is it possible the recent changes to the feed code made (temporarily) all versions of images in the feeds available via links and that now that change has been undone?

I was going to submit a request about how to control the size/type of image(s) in the feeds but when trying to replicate what I saw I can't seem to...

If this IS controllable I'd still like to know how.

Thanks,
    Trevor
  • Options
    Mr. FrogMr. Frog Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    DOn't know if this is still of actuality, I had the problem with a maximum of 100 rss feed item on a album for my Wordpress website with this plugin (valid for anything else).

Found that that putting ImageCount=-1 shows all photos in the album!
    woohoo!
  • Options
    JarekNJarekN Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 6, 2010
    Add to cart/purchase link?
    Hello Everyone!

So I've been playing around with my blog (http://blog.jarekn.com) which currently uses the lightbox gallery for displaying images as I find that the auto sizing of images is great for all resolutions...

Just recently I found this plugin which also works with the lightbox which is great - however before I jump and start re-uploading all images to smugmug I wonder if it be possible to include Add to Cart or Purchase link to each of the images displayed?

I think this would be a GREAT addition to the component :)

One more time THANX to the author of this plugin :D

JarekN
    http://www.JarekN.com
  • Options
    bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2011
    I've been able to get up to 300 images to display through WP-Smugmug. However I can't get past that limit.

In my RSS reader I can pull down over 300 images, but when I paste the same modifed RSS URL into the WP-Smugmug it defaults to the "View at Smugmug" text. This implies the limitation is within the WP-Smugmug plugin. Is this correct?