Options

API Update - 27th January 2009

devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
G'day Guys,

As part of our release last night, DefaultColor (Albums/AlbumTemplates option) has been deprecated and replaced by ColorCorrection (int, 0 [No], 1 [Yes], 2 [Inherit]).

Additionally, the new ColorCorrection option is available to all account levels, not just Pros like the old DefaultColor option.

The default value is 2 (Inherit) which uses the account level settings in the control panel (for standard and power) and the pro pricing tool (for pro).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

David
David Parry
SmugMug API Developer
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    mhilbushmhilbush Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2009
    Wonderful. ne_nau.gif So, will 1.2.1 ever become officially released? Otherwise, changes like this will just break things at random, unpredictable times...
    Mark

devbobo wrote:
    G'day Guys,

As part of our release last night, DefaultColor (Albums/AlbumTemplates option) has been deprecated and replaced by ColorCorrection (int, 0 [No], 1 [Yes], 2 [Inherit]).

Additionally, the new ColorCorrection option is available to all account levels, not just Pros like the old DefaultColor option.

The default value is 2 (Inherit) which uses the account level settings in the control panel (for standard and power) and the pro pricing tool (for pro).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

David
    Mark
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2009
    Just to be clear, in the 1.2.1 API, smugmug.albumtemplates.get no longer returns DefaultColor. Yes, I know it's still beta, but is it really necessary to break things with changes like this?
    mhilbush wrote:
    Wonderful. ne_nau.gif So, will 1.2.1 ever become officially released? Otherwise, changes like this will just break things at random, unpredictable times...
    Mark
    Mark
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 9, 2009
    Mark,

Unfortunately, the change was beyond my control and I only found out about it last minute.

I'm hoping to make 1.2.2 the officially supported release very soon, I'm tying up some loose ends on documentation.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2009
    No offense, but this is just screwed up. smugmug.albums.get returns both DefaultColor and ColorCorrection. smugmug.albumtemplates.get returns just ColorCorrection. The docs show both (with DefaultColor deprecated). Last minute or not, this is just plain sloppy.
    devbobo wrote:
    Mark,

Unfortunately, the change was beyond my control and I only found out about it last minute.

I'm hoping to make 1.2.2 the officially supported release very soon, I'm tying up some loose ends on documentation.

Cheers,

David
    Mark