Options

Winged Angel

DerweissehaiDerweissehai Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited February 1, 2009 in Go Figure
Here is ad different outfit from Sunday

3198202883_1ec60cb2bc_b.jpg

3198201155_69e3f8b05f_b.jpg

3198200143_1cd38ba818_b.jpg
7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8
Model Site/Portrait Site/Flcikr/MM

Adam

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Love the concept of the first one. There are some "scuff" marks or something on the floor that are distracting. Love the pose and lighting.

Again, love the pose here for the second. To me, it looks pretty soft however. I like the lighting here as well.

THe best of the bunch for the third one. thumb.gif

These may be a little more suited for the "Go Figure" forum, however. ne_nau.gif

Beautiful girl. mwink.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 15, 2009
    Not everything showing a woman needs to go in the Go Figure forum. There's plenty of glamour shots in the general People forum.

In #1 there's a lot of scuffs on the floor etc, the spotlight works but it really brings out blemishes on the floor. In the lower right of the frame you can see a leg from a tripod or something.

In #3 her skin needs some smoothing, there's a lot of tiny hairs on her back and the side lighting makes them look huge.

In general I'd say they're ok but practice makes perfect. It's a good thing that genre is so fun to shoot!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited January 15, 2009
    MagicKiwi wrote:
    Not everything showing a woman needs to go in the Go Figure forum. There's plenty of glamour shots in the general People forum

Agreed. But does it really matter which forum it goes in? Both People and Go Figure are viewed by Dgrinners with an interest in glam photography. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Love the spotlight effect on the #1, cool idea and execution!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Agreed. But does it really matter which forum it goes in? Both People and Go Figure are viewed by Dgrinners with an interest in glam photography. ne_nau.gif

True- and my kids really appreciate it when I have a bit of warning before viewing underwear shots or nudes. I appreciate the op's posting it in here so I can choose the moments when I don't have little people peeping over my shoulders to view them. I do occasional work like this so I always like to keep up on how to do these... and appreciate the tasteful placement in the gofigure forum.

BTW these shots are beautiful. My fav is #2 but wish there were less shadows on her face. I think she has a great expression but it is hard to tell for sure with the shadows.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    My favorite is the first, with great lighting, pose, and her expression. wow!

Agreed, the scuff marks on the floor are a bit distracting (and certainly take away from the surreal aspect of the photo) but those should be an easy fix should you choose to do so.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    True- and my kids really appreciate it when I have a bit of warning before viewing underwear shots or nudes. I appreciate the op's posting it in here so I can choose the moments when I don't have little people peeping over my shoulders to view them. I do occasional work like this so I always like to keep up on how to do these... and appreciate the tasteful placement in the gofigure forum.

BTW these shots are beautiful. My fav is #2 but wish there were less shadows on her face. I think she has a great expression but it is hard to tell for sure with the shadows.

Exactly!

Caroline
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2009
    Thanks everyone. True these could go in both forums......but I chose here to post. At least at work most of us will not open. I know some people get offended easily when looking at a beautiful woman in sexy poses. I will work on the scuffs in post. Not much was done to these yet except the name and maybe some curves.
    7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8

Adam
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2009
    #3thumb.gif

Nice to see a womans' back sans ink!

la, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2009
    angevin1 wrote:
    #3thumb.gif

Nice to see a womans' back sans ink!

la, tom

Thanks Tom.

Adam
  • Options
    JDubJDub Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    That first image is fantastic, I can see a little bit of the stand on the right, but a little cropping will fix that! Awesome!
    Josh Westbrook
    ---
    Atlanta, GA
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2009
    Thanks JD...I saw it after I posted....doh!

Adam