Options

Soul Snatcher...CnC Please (#16 chal)

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited January 9, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Please tell me what you think. This is a composit of 5 photos taken by me today. I know its heavy on the pp...but it sends my message out yes?
(EDIT:first image removed)

Final Edit...REMOVED

FINAL FINAL EDIT: Which one do you like better?
451983394_S9ay9-L-4.jpg

452070656_KKRKP-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Do you like it or not? Does it do anything for you? Move an emotion...get any kind of response? Or should I toss it and start over?eek7.gif
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    What an erie photo. I really like how the little girl's eye is fixed in the direction of the ghostly arm. Theme wise - I beleive the girl is playing/watching a pirate, it migh be better to do something with the arm to indicate it is from a pirate. Nice job overall though.clap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    What an erie photo. I really like how the little girl's eye is fixed in the direction of the ghostly arm. Theme wise - I beleive the girl is playing/watching a pirate, it migh be better to do something with the arm to indicate it is from a pirate. Nice job overall though.clap.gif

Thanks clem for responding! I will rethink the arm some.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    heh...:D it does send the message quite clearly. I like it.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    PunkybethPunkybeth Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    This is a great shot! Nice work! I definitely get the message!
    Robyn T. Lisone
    MUTTography - Modern and Fun Lifestyle Pet Photography
    MUTTography | My SmugMug | Facebook | Google+

• Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Thanks for commenting Qarik and Robin. I have added my final edit (second one) and would like to know peoples opinions on pp. Do you think this is too much pp? How far do you think a composit should go? Obviously this shot would be impossible to capture by just a camera in real time.
  • Options
    SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    I think this shot is awesome. That's pretty much dead on what is happening while they are playing these things. I'm going to show it to my kids.
    "12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Definitely well thought out and designed.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Think the idéa might work.. But im sorry but the quality of the work need alot of polishing before i think the image is ready to be posted anywhere.

Keep working clap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Arvan wrote:
    Think the idéa might work.. But im sorry but the quality of the work need alot of polishing before i think the image is ready to be posted anywhere.

Keep working clap.gif

I am interested in what you think need more work? I am open for suggestions. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Ok...I did one more edit that I added at the top post. This one is what I would like to add to the challenge...but waiting on a ruling about using paint to paint in the lightning bolts in post processing.
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I like the colors and subtlety of the first one more than the second. The second one seems more powerful with the message, but I think the message is clear in both, and the first is just a bit smoother, to me.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    leaforte wrote:
    I like the colors and subtlety of the first one more than the second. The second one seems more powerful with the message, but I think the message is clear in both, and the first is just a bit smoother, to me.

Thank you for commenting. I really do appreciated it!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    maybe its the sith within me, but i like the lightning image best.

just a thought of mine is having the screen just "white noise" instead of whatever that image is on the screen.... it does not look like a video game to me...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Somewhat in line with what Aaron said - I think the arm coming out the pirate's head looks silly. Also, the arm is not in the right place it seems. I look at that and think why is the arm not coming out of the center of the screen? The arm looks a bit low and shifted to the right side of the screen.
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I really like this concept and both photos a lot!!! I think it could be improved by removing the stand of the LCD and just having the LCD floating. The stand brings in the scale of a desktop monitor and kind of throws off the scale of the rest of the picture for me.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2009
    Thank you all for taking the time to comment. I have added the what I think will be the final edit to the top of this post. I hope this is alot closer to the end. I am running out of time!