425260595_5Z2Nk-XL.jpg
425262869_kEeCQ-XL.jpg
425263099_AWXuy-XL.jpg
425263939_hWGkv-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    philipwphilipw Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    These are beautiful. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'm leaning toward #1, but I really like #7 too. I would use photoshop and heal out the white light or reflection or whatever it is on the car window in #1. My eye keeps getting drawn to it. Awesome photos - brilliant color!

Philip
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Very very nice seriesclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Jon,

Very nice series. thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Thanks everyone.

I do plan to spend more time on some of these photos for post processing, so thanks for pointing out the distractions! Fairhope always has great sunsets, but ones like this are maybe once a year.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited December 9, 2008
    Superb shots, all of them, John. Hard to choose a favorite, but the light balance in #3 with the fountain really stands out.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I sure do have fond memories of Fairhope. My family lived there during WWII while my dad ran the accounting dept. for the shipyard in Mobile. We had a big old house right on the bay and my two brothers and I had great fun playing the Huck Finn role. In later years I would visit Fairhope often while in the area to see my grandad, who was Mayor for the nearby town of Foley. Thanks for jogging my recollections of a great time in my life.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Thanks for the beautiful photos.
    I lived in Gulf Shores for a couple of years. (I killed an OM2 taking wave photos)

My Grandmother was living in Foley when she died. My Aunt still lives in Orange Beach.

I've got to get back down that way.

Thanks again.

Mike
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Wow, that's a fantastic sunset! There's some excellent photos in this series, my favorites are 3 (the fountain), 5 (two after the fountain), and 7 (two after 5). :D
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    I am glad I could bring back some memories!

I have been shooting sunsets from this spot for two years. I try to duplicate shot locations each time and they are never the same the picture. The sun is in a different location, clouds are different etc. It is just a great location to practice sunsets and see how the light can change from minute to minute.
  • Options
    NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Very cool shots indeed. I think I like 3 and 4 the most, with #4 being the best for my tastes. Such a powerful color in that sky!

Best,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho