* Canon EOS 5D Mark II
* Canon PowerShot G10
* Panasonic DMC-G1 **
* Panasonic DMC-FX150 **
* Panasonic DMC-FZ28 **
* Panasonic DMC-LX3 **
* Leica D-LUX 4 **

NOTE!

The Camera Raw 5.2 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS4 or versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 6.

* The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 3.0 customers is Camera Raw 3.6.

* The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 4.0 (Windows®) is Camera Raw 3.7.

* The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Windows) is Camera Raw 4.5.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Lightroom Users: ACR 5.2 in December
    Adobe wrote:
    Lightroom has not been updated with the new camera support listed below. Lightroom will be updated in December to Lightroom 2.2 with new camera support

So sayeth Adobe.
  • Options
    PittspilotPittspilot Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    ACR update and Lightroom
    Andy wrote:
    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

This is for CS4 and PSE 6.

Canon 5D Mark II among others :)

* Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    * Canon PowerShot G10
    * Panasonic DMC-G1 **
    * Panasonic DMC-FX150 **
    * Panasonic DMC-FZ28 **
    * Panasonic DMC-LX3 **
    * Leica D-LUX 4 **

NOTE!

The Camera Raw 5.2 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS4 or versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 6.

* The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 3.0 customers is Camera Raw 3.6.

* The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 4.0 (Windows®) is Camera Raw 3.7.

* The latest version of the Camera Raw plug-in available for Photoshop Elements 5.0 (Windows) is Camera Raw 4.5.

Anyone know how the ACR changes are fed into Lightroom?

It seems odd that some parts of the product set can access new cameras and others cannot...

:-((
  • Options
    PittspilotPittspilot Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Pittspilot wrote:
    Anyone know how the ACR changes are fed into Lightroom?

It seems odd that some parts of the product set can access new cameras and others cannot...

:-((

Duuuuhhhh. Read on before commenting....
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    So what are the options if you want one of the new Canon cameras and still have CS3?

I bought student edition of CS3 Extended - the down side is that they no longer support student editions and new ones are limited to college students only.

Seems a bit of a con to only support the newest software version when the raw workflow is outside the actual software.

Work arounds will be challenging.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    So what are the options if you want one of the new Canon cameras and still have CS3?

I bought student edition of CS3 Extended - the down side is that they no longer support student editions and new ones are limited to college students only.

Seems a bit of a con to only support the newest software version when the raw workflow is outside the actual software.

Z

Adobe's answer is that you download Adobe's free DNG converter. You then convert the images from your new Canon camera to DNG RAW files and then CS3 can read them. Some downloaders could be configured to do the conversion for you automatically when you download them onto your hard disk.

The problem is that the camera manufacturer's keep changing their formats and new information is needed by a RAW processor for each new camera. While I myself wish that CS3 would keep working for me with newer camera formats, I have been in the software business long enough to appreciate that we can't really expect Adobe to keep developing, testing and releasing revisions to older versions of Photoshop without paying for it in some way. That wasn't an implied part of our purchase when we bought CS3. By then, it was well known that CS3 wouldn't work with future RAW formats forever as we'd already seen that play out with CS and CS2.

My solution for now is to do all my RAW processing in Lightroom and buy the updates for that (lots less $$ than CSx) and I'll just use CS3 for pixel editing on TIFFs or JPEGs. If I was set on CSx and didn't want to upgrade, I'd probably go the DNG route myself. I've read the specs on it, seen some camera manufacturers support it (the smaller ones) and seen that Adobe is very committed to making that an open standard so it seems a reasonable route to me.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:

[..]

Z

How is it a con? Adobe offer an appropriate RAW converter to go with appropriate version of Photoshop. Your workflow is up to you; it is not dictated by Adobe. You can always use the free converter supplied by your camera maker. And as John says, Adobe do offer a pretty easy route to handle newer versions of a RAW file and old versions of Photoshop in the shape of DNG.

Anthony.