Options

Dgrin Shootout 2009: Find Yourself a Roommate!

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited September 10, 2009 in The Big Picture
OK, now that we're done with the initial registration it is time to start getting yourself a roomie. Remember, we only negotiated the good rates and locked a block of rooms, but the actual lodging is utimately your responsibility.
Each person who's in will soon receive the hotel info and the "secret handshake". The list of all the participants is in the signup thread, so it's time to start networking! :wink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Done! I already have my roomie - kinda came with the marriage license!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Done! I already have my roomie - kinda came with the marriage license!rolleyes1.gif

haha, ditto.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Unlike Scott and cabbey I will be searching for a roommate. From what I can tell from the list, it looks like there will be six females traveling solo (I don't think my husband will be too happy about a co-ed roommate). I live just outside Providence, RI (about a 6 hour drive from Acadia). I've been going to Acadia every summer for 29 years (my parents own a cabin 20 minutes from Schoodic Point, the section of Acadia on the Mainland, about 45 minutes from Bar Harbor) but this will be the 2nd year with my digital SLR and the first opportunity I have to work on photography without being pulled in 4 directions by family members. I'm probably going to extend the trip with some pre-shootout days if I find anyone else interested in driving up the New England coast. I'm a pretty low maintenance roommate and can pick you up at TF Green Airport if you choose to fly into Providence. Ladies - PM or email me if your interested.

Did I tell you how excited I am. This forum is great!!! wings.gif

Stephanie
  • Options
    SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    I'll be looking for a room mate as well. I'll have my Ford explorer, so 2 or 3 can ride with me if they want. I'm easy to get along with.
    RON
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I'm a pretty low maintenance roommate and can pick you up at TF Green Airport if you choose to fly into Providence. Ladies - PM or email me if your interested.
    I might be a match! :D
  • Options
    tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Anyone looking for a roommate --- I'm available deal.gif
  • Options
    BOATSBOATS Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    roommate
    i will be looking for a roommate also if anyone is interested - im not sure how i am coming in to the area - i might be coming in by train as my grandsons live in lower mass and i will be seeing them also - anyway anyone interested in rooming with me please feel free to get a hold of me - my email is joerowles@yahoo.com - shoot me an msg - subj matter digital grin shoots or something similar and give me a number to call if you would like to speak on the phone and i will give you a shout. thanks in advance - looking forward to going on the trip.
    "the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." MARCEL PROUST

"I am not an artist. I am a fartist - 98% of what i take stinks - the other 2% makes me look good."
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Fred W and Dixie will be sharing a room.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Hi Nikolai,

I just called the hotel to get my room registration out of the way. They checked and told me that they can't take reservations for the Dgrin shootout group till after the new year. ne_nau.gif

Fred

Nikolai wrote:
    OK, now that we're done with the initial registration it is time to start getting yourself a roomie. Remember, we only negotiated the good rates and locked a block of rooms, but the actual lodging is utimately your responsibility.
    Each person who's in will soon receive the hotel info and the "secret handshake". The list of all the participants is in the signup thread, so it's time to start networking! mwink.gif
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Fred W wrote:
    Hi Nikolai,

I just called the hotel to get my room registration out of the way. They checked and told me that they can't take reservations for the Dgrin shootout group till after the new year. ne_nau.gif

Fred

Sorry about that, Fred. I wasn't informed of that detail. The hotel itself is closed for winter (like much of the island), which may explain it. I'll confirm things Monday to be sure. Thank you for letting us know.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2008
    Hey all, the hotel was having some IT issues entering groups and should have it resolved soon. You should be able to call in starting this week Wednesday, December 10, to make your reservation. So sorry for the inconvenience and confusion. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
  • Options
    alitangialitangi Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 19, 2008
    I would like to share a room with somebody, too.
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Checking if anyone still needs a roommate for the shootout? (36 yoa male)
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    I am still in need of a roomie - will be 47 next fall - female - talk with a funny Canadian accent .....
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    EDIT #2: I have a roomie now. Also I do plan on taking the scenic route up to Bar Harbor (route 1, I believe) to see if there are any photo ops available.

Some suggestions -

*Portland Head Lighthouse - not really on the way but very picturesque.

*Take Route 295 North out of Portland to Freeport and stop at the LL Bean flagship store. Not necessarily a photo op but a nice place to stretch your legs, plenty of shopping and food.

*After Freeport head towards the coast on Route 1. Rockland, Rockport, and Camden are all nice towns. Camden has a nice state park (Camden Hills State Park) with some scenic vistas.

*Searsport is an old fishing village - great maritime museum if you like that kind of stuff

*Belfast - Young's Lobster Pound - great lobster. I'm not sure if they are open in the fall, I'm usually on my way home in the summer when I stop in.

*Bucksport - relatively new Penobscot Narrows Bridge (there is an observatory up at the top of the bridge); Fort Knox is also located right across from the bridge http://fortknox.maineguide.com

Stephanie
  • Options
    cornerketchcornerketch Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    roomate
    i need a roomate..
    Hank Stoklosa
    CornerKetch Studios
    Special Olympics Delaware
    www.sode.smugmug.com
  • Options
    BOATSBOATS Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    roomies
    still looking for a roomie if anyone is still looking.
    "the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." MARCEL PROUST

"I am not an artist. I am a fartist - 98% of what i take stinks - the other 2% makes me look good."
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Isn't that a redundant phrase? rolleyes1.gif

I 'resemble' that remark rolleyes1.gif

I have an even funnier Canadian accent since I'm from the east coast - due north of Maine!
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    Roomin' with RedLeash
    Found a roommate and made our reservation. We're good to go.

I'm driving 'down' from New Brunswick - there ain't no other way to get there from herene_nau.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2009
    I have a room booked already and in search of a roomie - any takers?
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
    Just a reminder: you need to book your hotel room by Sept. 7, which is fast approaching (and marks the 30-sleep countdown mark :smo). If you haven't found your roomie yet, look at the posts above. A couple folks have booked rooms and had their previous roomie drop out, so there may be an empty bed available for new sign-upees. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    A couple folks have booked rooms and had their previous roomie drop out, so there may be an empty bed available for new sign-upees. thumb.gif

I'm still in this category having a room with an empty bed...
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2009
    tonyd wrote:
    I'm still in this category having a room with an empty bed...

Have you checked in with RogersDA and BOATS above? You have until Sept. 7 to cancel your reservation and bunk up in another room. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2009
    I am NOT in a position to sign-up for this. But. . . noticed that all nicknames don't make the poster's gender obvious. I might be well to include yours when asking for a roomie.

Jane B.
  • Options
    FoxieFoxie Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2009
    Roomie needed
    Hi, All -

I have a hotel room for the Acadia Shootout, but still need a roomie. Any gals out there need to share?

Beth