edited October 6, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    Very nice!

Thank you David.:D
    LadyTX
  • Options
    bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    Try to get the flash a little higher. The first ones have very obvious flash and unnatural highlights and shadows. I like the ones incorporating the fence. Great background.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 7, 2008
    Try to get the flash a little higher. The first ones have very obvious flash and unnatural highlights and shadows. I like the ones incorporating the fence. Great background.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Nice work.thumb.gif
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Cropping...
    Here are my suggestions, for what they're worth.

2. Crop dead space from the left and use clone tool to add space to the right. It appears that she is looking over your right shoulder and there should be more space on the right of the picture.

3. Crop everything left of the church and a foot and a half above her head. Otherwise, she will look very small in any print.

4. Crop dead space to the right. It's just sky.

5. Crop as if you are zooming being aware of targeting...centering her in the picture. Make her a larger percentage of the picture. Otherwise, she will again be too small in your prints.

6. Flash blast is very unappealing. And, in my opinion, she should be posed in front of the fence / prop. She is very photogenic and the fence interrupts our view of her, especially with the big flash shadow above her knees being so distracting. I might also crop some of the fence to the right. You could have moved in and taken a good head shot here with the fence as a prop...might have been appealing.

The above suggestions are what I would look at to make them more appealing to my client.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Seriously hot girl in a freakin bandana shirt!! Whats not to like.

Only down side is the on camera flash. Probably better off with no flash at all and use the ambient from the side to create some shadow on the face.
    Like the one where she is sitting on the fence.

But still... lovin these pictures!
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008

Thanks Ben.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Nice work.thumb.gif

Thank you Jag.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    Here are my suggestions, for what they're worth.

2. Crop dead space from the left and use clone tool to add space to the right. It appears that she is looking over your right shoulder and there should be more space on the right of the picture.

3. Crop everything left of the church and a foot and a half above her head. Otherwise, she will look very small in any print.

4. Crop dead space to the right. It's just sky.

5. Crop as if you are zooming being aware of targeting...centering her in the picture. Make her a larger percentage of the picture. Otherwise, she will again be too small in your prints.

6. Flash blast is very unappealing. And, in my opinion, she should be posed in front of the fence / prop. She is very photogenic and the fence interrupts our view of her, especially with the big flash shadow above her knees being so distracting. I might also crop some of the fence to the right. You could have moved in and taken a good head shot here with the fence as a prop...might have been appealing.

The above suggestions are what I would look at to make them more appealing to my client.

Thank you very much Ed. I appreciate the play-by-play feedback. I will watch for these things in future shoots.

Maybe just me but I enjoy seeing some of the environment in pictures and like the dead space in some. When doing a shoot I try to include some of these types of photos along with the tighter shots of the subject but maybe that doesn't go over well with the majority of people.

These photos are mostly for slideshow and web view not print but I certainly appreciate your information for future "print" photos.

I agree with the flash issues although some photos I do like that are more "flashy" sort of along the lines of some of the Strobist fashion. ne_nau.gif

Thanks again.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    Seriously hot girl in a freakin bandana shirt!! Whats not to like.

Only down side is the on camera flash. Probably better off with no flash at all and use the ambient from the side to create some shadow on the face.
    Like the one where she is sitting on the fence.

But still... lovin these pictures!

Thanks very much for the feedback Zoomer.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    KapturePhotographyKapturePhotography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 7, 2008
    Great photos! Num 1 is my fave!!!!!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2008
    Great photos! Num 1 is my fave!!!!!clap.gif

Thank you very much.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    love the second one
    indeed you got a very pretty model for your shoot
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Great shots. I love the framing in #5. The only one that brings this set down is #6. That would have made for a great headshot. The flash blast on it is very distracting. A softbox could have helped out tremendously. But overall, better than anything I could shoot. Great job!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    I love all of them! bowdown.gif
    Thanks for posting.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2008
    kombizz wrote:
    love the second one
    indeed you got a very pretty model for your shoot

Thank you very much.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    Great shots. I love the framing in #5. The only one that brings this set down is #6. That would have made for a great headshot. The flash blast on it is very distracting. A softbox could have helped out tremendously. But overall, better than anything I could shoot. Great job!

Thank you Frank. Agree with the flash. Don't have a portable softbox for the flash as of now.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2008
    I love all of them! bowdown.gif
    Thanks for posting.

Take Care,
    Chuck

Thank you for the encouragement Chuck.
    LadyTX