Options

Downgrade Pro to Power - what happens

SqueezerSqueezer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited October 13, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
With the lack of any hope for Pro Sales in other currencies on the roadmap I am seriously considering dropping back to a lower tier and saving some cash

I'd just like to clarify what I'd lose by doing this

1) The ability to sell from the website

not a big deal as most of my customers refuse to buy stuff in USD from a photographer in Australia

2) The ability to dynamic Watermark

this is a feature I've come to love, but I can work around it by watermarking uploaded images prior. If they cant/ wont buy the photos anyway from Smugmug then its a moot point.

Will all the existing watermarks just automagically dissapear ?

3) I'll only be able to limit them to view XL image sizes rather than Medium

Once again an annoyance but I can live with that - I can always just upload a smaller image

Is there anything else I will be missing ?

If Smugmug ever get around to catering for Non US citizens I guess I might consider going back to a top tier

Regards

Michael
www.craftypics.com

Comments

• Options
    edited October 7, 2008
    With the overwhelming response I'm guessing not many people have downgraded from Pro to Power and if they have they probably dont frequent the "Pro" forum anymore.

Guess I'll just send a Downgrade request email and cross my fingers headscratch.gif

Does the small amount of Money I have got from Pro sales get processed and sent out to me ?
    Will all the galleries that have limited Medium size viewing only just pop back out to XL images ?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Hi Michael,

Sorry that your post had been overlooked.

You're right on all three points.

1. Your galleries currently set to printable yes would be still printable, only they'll be available at SmugMug default pricing and you won't get any sales notifications.

2. I'm afraid, you won't be able to watermark photos anymore. Existing watermarks will remain on the photos until you do something like rotating photos to have us reprocess the photos.

3. That's right, the gallery setting should pop back to XL instead of Medium or Large.

Another thing is the custom backprinting that you may have set. It won't be used anymore and the setting will disappear from your gallery settings.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2008

2. I'm afraid, you won't be able to watermark photos anymore. Existing watermarks will remain on the photos until you do something like rotating photos to have us reprocess the photos.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned I would need to download all my photos with the current watermarks and apply the watermarks locally and reupload them. I can look at Pre-populating watermarks for future uploads.

I'm still sitting on the edge at to whwther to drop down a level
  • Options
    glasbergenglasbergen Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Squeezer wrote:
    I'm still sitting on the edge at to whether to drop down a level
    Same here. I haven't got any pro sales (on SmugMug) as well, partly because of the current system (credit cards and dollars only, etc.). But I would hate to say goodbye to some of the other pro features, like watermarks.