Options

Pimp your Dgrin - easy exif display on dgrin posted images

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited October 16, 2008 in Dgrin Forum Support
If you use Firefox as your regular browser, I have a script that makes it much, much easier to get EXIF data for most images posted here at dgrin. Once you install this script into GreaseMonkey, whenever you encouter a known type of image in a dgrin posting, you will see a little folded corner in the upper left of the image like this:

372392161_CseiZ-O.jpg

When you click on that corner, it will take you to an EXIF display for that image. If it's a Smugmug image, it will take you to the Smugmug display that looks like this:

372392139_2ncTi-O.jpg

It also knows about images from a bunch of other services too (like Flickr, pbase, etc...).

The only case that I know of that isn't currently working is when people link Smugmug images that are in password protected galleries, don't have EXIF display enabled or there isn't any EXIF on the image that was uploaded. In the first two cases, access to the EXIF info has been blocked. In the latter case, there just isn't any.

This script is not specific to dgrin. It can actually work in any vBulletin forum. It comes preconfigured for dgrin and nikoncafe, but it can be configured for any other vBulletin forum too.

This script is only for Firefox users. It requires the installation of the GreaseMonkey add-on for Firefox. So, first go here and install GreaseMoneky if you don't already have it. Then, go here and
install the script by clicking on the install this script button.

Try it. Let me know (in this thread) how it works or doesn't work. I've been running it myself for a few days with no problems, but if you find any issues, let me know.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments