Options

direct access of photos in albums

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
edited February 24, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I just had a case were I tried to access a picture using an old link (with album id, page number and photo id). This results in an album page stating that the album has not yet any photos while also stating that there are at least 6 pages of photos.
The point is that the photo has been moved to another album and I would have assumed that SM would direct me to the new album. Instead the message I get gives the user a total wrong picture of what's going on:
He now thinks that the picture isn't availiable anymore and even worse that the whole album is empty.

Did I miss anything and this was done by purpose?

Thanks,
Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    Haha - your fix for the originals bug I found yesterday finally fixed this problem, too! Now when accessing an old photo link from a moved photo, where the photo ID is still valid, the browser will be redirected to the photo in the new gallery. :D

I forgot about this, but after 2 years of waiting it's been finally fixed. Just out of curiosity - is this issue still in your bugtracking or did you just forgot about it (no biggie - happens to me a lot :D ) ? Just checked my mail - in May 05 I sent you a mail with still open issues (including this one) and got the answear that the team will look into it.

No need to spend much time on this as it's been fixed and I'm very happy with the result!

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero