Song Titles needed, ginger here, with photo

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited August 30, 2004 in People
For song titles, a chance to preview and comment on my photos, for a "song".
That is a better price than Rutt's 10D camera, I noted that he is selling.

I do not like rock, heavy metal, rap, etc.............
I do like country, folk, jazz, oldies, very old not the seventies which were only yesterday, really. Etc.

I have been to iTunes and Napster, just don't feel right about it. Just a "song", and you may preview my photos. No song, please cover your eyes,
:D :rofl :rofl :rofl :scratch :scratch :dunno

7795300-M.jpg

7794177-L.jpg

7793899-L.jpg

7794180-L.jpg

7795292-L.jpg

7795309-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    One More, forgot it.......
    7795312-L.jpg

It was raining, honest, I was on my way to leave, but a boy with his umbrella fishing, it was enough to get my camera a bit wet. No song comes to my mind. Gone Fishin' won't tell this story. And I don't know which photo is better of him, to say the least of whether the others are worth working with more.

I do want to use What A Wonderful World, but where?

More photos, Sat, those were put up on Friday.

7837262-L.jpg

7837257-L.jpg

7837261-L.jpg
    Confused in South Carolina,
    ginger bowdown.gif
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    Sorry for the post
  • Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    thr first picture i think of the song, "when i think about you i touch myself."

charlie
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    I agree ,"Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" came to mind also as I looked through.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    Ginger, there are a couple here that I really like.

7795292-S.jpg

and

7795309-S.jpg

Not sure about titles. It's tougher to do the challenge the othr way - try to shoot an image that fits a predetermined song title.

For the second one, how about:

"Don't Rock the Boat"
    So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
    Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion
    To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
    Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over
    Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
    Rock the boat
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited August 28, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Ginger, there are a couple here that I really like.

and

7795309-S.jpg

This one is probably too busy, those bridges are losing their esthetic appeal.

"Don't Rock the Boat"
    So I'd like to know where, you got the notion
    Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion
    To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
    Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over
    Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby
    Rock the boat
    Don't rock the boat, it should be helpful somewhere. You all could not imagine how many photos of different things I took today, from 3 in the afternoon til about an hour ago. All kinds of weather, too. I shot at the outdoor mall, bought a book, then went to Shem Creek again and shot shrimp boats, and a delivery of fish, a shrimp boat heading out to the harbor, then the rain started, and I shot restaurant lights, rain everywhere, then went to the Isle of Palms, to get reflections, ended up shooting the ocean, and lights, some, and sky color, and after dark.

I have a stock collection of photos today, could last me a year, except for the darn dates. I am too tired to trust myself to upload them, or work on them, I think. My fingers hurt, they are getting better. I can only enter one photo????? Gee that is too bad, rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the song suggestion, I got some from my dog list, too, and they will all be put to use, I am sure. Might use something like Stormy Weather, too. Don't know the words, will find out. I have my camera case emptied, I hope it dries OK and that the lenses are OK. My hearing aids took the worst beating. Fun, though.

ginger
    edited August 29, 2004
    Song Titles No Longer Needed,
    Thanks to everyone. I had a fortunate opportunity to photograph this evening.
    I have posted one of my photographs on the Song Titles thing. As an entry.
    Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I do have a concern. When I was working up my photographs tonight on PS, they did not look as dark as they do now. My monitor tends to be darker than other people's. Are my photographs too dark?

I posted some on the new thread, link, before I posted my entry.

ginger

(Of the two bar scenes, I picked the one that showed up best in a thumbnail.)

I do have more photographs to share??????
    edited August 29, 2004
    http://gingerSnap.smugmug.com/gallery/205452/1/7866855
    this is the link to the gallery where I posted some shots from yesterday.

I don't know if that will work, you can't see it.

here

I am trying to get this to work.

<a href=http://gingerSnap.smugmug.com/gallery/205452/1/7866855>Here</a>

It doesn't work, and I tried andy's way with the blue globe, but that didn't work, I should have bought a computer book.headscratch.gif

g
    edited August 29, 2004
    The first link works, Ginger. Those women aren't what I think of when I think of little girls, or growing up! naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2004
    I like these...
    I like the first one and the guy fishing on the pier and the boat called Winds of Fortune. I sent you a PM re some song titles. I looked at your girls in the bar. I like the song Lynne suggested. At first I thought I liked the larger view rather than the close up. But, now I don't know. The close up looks a little brighter and more focused on the subject. The other one just has a big empty room. Yes the close up seems better. Honky Tonk Girls is great. Fits well. It's a good shot. Wish I could get some people. So difficult to do.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited August 30, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Wish I could get some people. So difficult to do.
    I think the trick with people is not only getting close enough to get a good shot, but then getting a good expression or body position out of them. That's why I like my camera's high speed drive. It's amazing how quickly facial expressions change.
    Sid.
    edited August 30, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    I like the first one and the guy fishing on the pier and the boat called Winds of Fortune. I sent you a PM re some song titles. I looked at your girls in the bar. I like the song Lynne suggested. At first I thought I liked the larger view rather than the close up. But, now I don't know. The close up looks a little brighter and more focused on the subject. The other one just has a big empty room. Yes the close up seems better. Honky Tonk Girls is great. Fits well. It's a good shot. Wish I could get some people. So difficult to do.

I was actually photographing the place, I used two 512 mb cards and the only other I had, a 128 during the day. Actually I wasted a lot of memory on stuff that did not pan out, but I was pretty much into shooting by then. I was shooting and deleting. I noticed that corner bldg that the girls, and boys(did not want to be photographed) were in, but I saw it as a bldg. It was only as I was heavily into photographing and deleting, to get the best, that I was aware of the people. And aware of some photos on the wall, really neat photos, old, of jazz people and stuff.

I went in to look at those, the pictures, I didn't have my hearing aids on, as I wanted to keep them from further water damage. So I was truly deaf. The young people saw me, I told them what I was doing but that I was deaf and couldn't hear a word they said................
    Now how is that for forcing someone to let you take their photo. The men ignored me, then disappeared. The girls acted like I wasn't there, oh how nice, then one of them told me I would get better shots from outside. At least I think that was what she was trying to say. I agreed, remember I had zero memory at that point, so I went outside and took a few more precious photos off. Went back and worked with the outside. I never did get another good shot. And the two of the girls were the only indoor shots I really got.

It was a dream, photo wise. My camera must have been set well. The white balance was on cloudy, I had a vague memory of Andy saying he took night shots that way. Didn't occur to me to change it when I went inside. The exposure compensation was about a minus 1 and a bit more. I had some at minus 2, but that was a bit too much.

I had it on shutter priority, I think, the flash was not triggered. I traded between shutter and aperture priority during the evening, it was what I was least sure about.

Oh, the ISO, I notice last night was 200, I messed up earlier outside the mall with not changing it from 1600, I have not tried working up those shots. So I did change the ISO a couple of times, but that late at night, if I had been thinking I would have had it on at least 400, glad I was not thinking.

Most of my other shots, on levels, I raised and lowered certain color values. On the shrimp boat, it was terribly grainy, I got out my new book How to WOW, boy that is a good book, even if it was written for CS, and I only have 7. It was so easy to follow on the grain thing, I just skipped the CS steprolleyes1.gif ,it was not that major a deal, and the grain was much better. All layers, too, and I managed it.

But the girls, I did not do much. My usual levels, but not more than necessary, a little saturation probably, I was not going to mess around with the colors since I like them and heaven only knows what messing would have gotten me, don't know if I raised the contrast, probably not, but might have a tad, then I save that as img 2 and went to unsharp mask, did it and saved it, too. Used that one. Just an easy photo. I did want to maintain some detail, just a bit, but some, in the dark areas (that is why I was asking about how others were seeing my photos on other monitors, mine were looking darker than when I worked on them). So I kept the hand I was dealt and tried not to ruin it, and that was pretty much it.

I kind of changed that title Lynne gave me, as I wasn't thinking, it should be Honky Tonk Angels. I will put that up with the words, tomorrow.

ginger (I am going to start taking cards with me everywhere. One for the photography and one for my hearing)