SOLD: Nikon Coolpix P5100 P&S

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited April 1, 2009 in Nikon Land
Nikon Coolpix P5100 for sale for $150, includes shipping to anywhere in CONUS. For international shipping rates, please PM me. PayPal preferred.

Owned for less than one year and in very good condition. A few cosmetic scratches from regular use.

Comes with everything that was originally packaged with the box, including manual, warranty papers, and battery charger.

488253981_DaRQQ-L.jpg

488254376_uGCzb-L.jpg

488253643_owdaA-L.jpg

Sample image taken with this camera:
355853970_vMsNu-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumb

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    ^ Price drop. thumb.gif
    edited March 28, 2009
    ^ Still available and starting to look a bit lonely waiting for a new owner. :D Willing to consider best offers.
  • nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    How well does this work indoors? I have an older coolpix s9 - and it's indoor ability is absolutely worthless.

I don't know much about the larger Nikon P&S's but would like to get something my wife can use when I'm out and about with my d90.
    edited March 28, 2009
    nxthree wrote:
    How well does this work indoors? I have an older coolpix s9 - and it's indoor ability is absolutely worthless.

It does alright indoors, gets a little noisy in low light as to be expected, and the focus can search a little in low light as well. It has a manual mode, though, if you want to override the higher ISOs.

Here's a mural taken with this Coolpix inside a distillery tasting room (small and dimly lit):
    353858971_ymeuq-L.jpg

Indoor with only window light:
    378398432_xwTGP-L.jpg

And an outdoor shot in fading light:
    450800387_qmZke-L.jpg

I'm only getting rid of it because I snagged a G10 because I wanted RAW files from my point and shoot, which is just about the only bell or whistle this Coolpix doesn't have.
  • nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2009
    It's tempting... I just wish it was a little faster indoors. Taking pictures of overactive children is difficult enough as it is.
    edited March 28, 2009
    nxthree wrote:
    It's tempting... I just wish it was a little faster indoors. Taking pictures of overactive children is difficult enough as it is.

Not sure how it'd do with children, but it handles the antics of two cats just fine. :giggle
    edited April 1, 2009
    Sold! thumb.gif