SOLD: Sony DSC-F717 Cybershot Digital Camera with Extras

theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in The Other Guys
For Sale: Sony DSC-F717 Cybershot Digital Camera with Extras

I love this camera! This was my third digital camera and has been my favorite, but it’s time to move to another camera. I purchased this camera in June 2003 at Best Buy for $900. All of the pictures on my SmugMug site (http://shaunnelson.smugmug.com) have been taken with this camera. This camera is proof that you don’t need a two thousand dollar DSLR kit to create great photos.

The camera is in great condition. I’ve always used screen protectors on the LCD screen and it’s always been stored in a padded camera bag. The camera body and lens have no blemishes or scratches. The camera includes the original box, original documentation and software. I was not able to find the original Sony USB drivers (connecting the camera directly to the computer) so I’ve downloaded them and burned them on a CDR. The battery charges, works great and has never given my any problems.

168966786-M.jpg

More pictures: http://shaunnelson.smugmug.com/gallery/3092450

All the original equipment is included:
Sony DSC-F717 Digital Camera
Original box, manual and software
Sony InfoLithium battery and charger
USB cable, audio & video cables
32 MB Sony Memory Stick

Extras included:
1 x 128 MB Memory Stick
1 x 256 MB Lexar Memory Stick
1 x 512 MB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro
PNY USB Memory Stick reader
Cokin UV Filter
Lowepro Camera Bag

Camera features and specs from Sony:
With its Carl Zeiss® lens, 5 Megapixel resolution, advanced camera control technology and intuitive interface, the DSC-F717 is a digital camera of extraordinary performance and flexibility. From its unique low light shooting capabilities to its superb image quality, the DSC-F717 helps you capture a new level of digital imaging possibilities.

2/3" 5.0 Megapixel Super HAD™ CCD
Super HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCDs provide excellent image quality by allowing more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise.

Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar® Lens
Famous for sharpness & color accuracy, the Vario-Sonnar 5X Optical zoom lens features 13 elements in 10 groups with 2 aspheric elements and 6 blade aperture. Its fast f 2.0 aperture is great for low light shooting.

5 Area Multi-Point Auto Focus
Evaluating 5 separate areas of the frame, Sony’s Multi-Point AF system intelligently focuses on the subject, and displays the selected focus point. Alternately, choose any of the 5 points for manual control.

Manual Focus/Zoom Ring
Take precise control of zoom and manual focus with the lens mounted ring. Fast, intuitive framing is easy with its natural “feel”, and two speed action.

Hologram AF™ Illuminator
Projecting a Class 1 laser pattern, Hologram AF reads the contrast between the pattern’s edge and the subject for
precise focus, even in low or no light.

Multi-Pattern Measuring
Independently light-metering 49 points of the frame, Multi-Pattern Measuring determines the optimum exposure, even when highlight and shadow are randomly distributed.

Pre-Flash Metering
With a momentary pre-flash, the camera illuminates the subject and calculates exposure through the lens directly from the CCD for accurate flash metering. Adjustable flash level and red-eye reduction insure great flash shots.

Memory Stick® Media
Digital. Powerful.Transportable.™ Memory Stick media is compact, portable and rugged – connecting a variety of
hardware and software applications.

14-Bit DXP A/D Conversion
Sony’s 14-bit Digital Extended Processor captures the range between highlight and shadow with up to 16,384 values, for extended dynamic contrast and detail.

Slow Shutter Noise Reduction
At shutter speeds 1/25 sec. and longer, Slow Shutter NR captures the scene, and then the CCD noise pattern with a dark frame exposure. By subtracting the two, even long exposures can be clear.

Dynamic White Balance
Accurate color balance under changing lighting and exposure settings is realized by linking the White Balance to the
Exposure and Flash systems. Manual setting allows calibration with white card.

Manual Exposure Controls
Flexible Exposure control is provided with Aperture Priority (f2 – 8), Shutter Priority (30 sec–1/1000 sec) and Manual
Exposure modes. EV Compensation and flash output level allow fine tuning.

Live Histogram Display
Available for capture and playback, the live histogram displays number of pixels at each luminosity to evaluate exposure.

Eye-level & 1.8" LCD Viewfinders
For accurate framing and following fast action, both the 180K pixel eye-level finder and 1.8" 123K pixel LCD provide
through-the-lens viewing & menu display.

Quick Start-up and Response
Ready to shoot in little more than a second, the DSC-F717 reduced shutter lag and extraordinary responsiveness is
always ready to capture the action.

5 MP (2560x1920) Image Size
With its high resolution CCD, the DSC-F717 captures in 4 different image sizes, in TIFF or Fine/Standard JPEG modes.

NightShot® Infrared System
Capture infrared digital images in total darkness at up 15 feet. By illuminating the subject with infrared light and removing the CCD's IR cut filter, the NightShot® system makes infrared digital imaging a reality.

NightFraming System
To capture beautiful color images in low or no light, NightFraming illuminates the subject with the NightShot® system for proper framing, focuses with Hologram AF and lights the scene with flash.

File Folder Tool
By creating separate folders on Memory Stick media, you can select the location in which to record your images, helping organize your files.

MPEG Movie HQX Mode
Captures full frame playback, high frame rate (16 fps) video clips (w/audio) with length limited only by the capacity of the media.

Multi Burst Mode
Captures 16 320x240 frames as part of a single 1280x960 image which plays back sequentially in the camera.
Selectable 1/7.5, 1/15 or 1/30 second frame intervals provide convenient motion analysis.

Hot Shoe and ACC Terminal
Connect Sony’s HVL-F1000 flash or Remote Controls with ACC Terminal, or synchronize other flash units or studio
lighting with the Hot Shoe terminal.

Rechargeable InfoLithium® Battery
Provides reliable, long-lasting power for continuous shooting, without “memory effect”. AC-L10 adapter/charger provides stable power for USB transfer.

Price: $300.00 firm. I will accept PayPal, Money Order or Cashiers Check. I will ship and insure all of the included items for free to anyway in the lower U.S. 48-states. I have a lot of positive feedback on eBay as a buyer & seller.
Please feel free to email me with any questions, [thenoiz] [at] [gmail] [dot] [com].

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    PM sent, you can consider this camera sold!

troy
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Still Available & Willing To Trade
    My Sony DSC-F717 camera is still available.

I'm willing to trade for a lens that will fit my Rebel XTi.

Please PM or email [thenoiz][at][gmail][dot][com].
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    I sometimes regret selling my F717. Truly and amazing camera.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Brett wrote:
    I sometimes regret selling my F717. Truly and amazing camera.
    And exactly why I'm holding my beater 717. Works well in my studio.

Whoever get NOIZ's copy should be happy... One sweeeeeet design! thumb.gif
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Seymore wrote:
    And exactly why I'm holding my beater 717. Works well in my studio.

Whoever get NOIZ's copy should be happy... One sweeeeeet design! thumb.gif

Good Evening,
    Instead of selling my 717, I gave it to my son to keep it in the family :D .
    It was sent back to Sony last month under the "sensor recall" and now works as new.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Almost tempted to buy another one for a back up camera.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Sold: Sony DSC-F717 Cybershot Digital Camera with Extras
    :(: