Fall Ball - Womens Lacrosse

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited October 9, 2014 in Sports
Catholic Univ. visited American Univ for a fall-ball scrimmage. Fun to watch on a beauthiful, but I was fighting harsh sunlight without a single cloud all day. Here's some of what I came away with...

1. IMG_4919a-XL.jpg

2. IMG_5163a-XL.jpg

3. IMG_4955a-XL.jpg

4. IMG_4870a-XL.jpg

And per IceBear's recent comments--a couple of follow-throughs with the ball still in frame...

5. IMG_5377a-XL.jpg

6. IMG_5401a-XL.jpg

7. IMG_5370a-XL.jpg

Always appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Regards

Will

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2014
    Some great shots here. 2 is intense. How do you like the 70D's IQ? When I had a 7D, I felt like viewing at 100% was often ho-hum or disappointing, but 50% view was good. I notice you don't post large images here, is it due to that? My inner pixel peeper was gratified when I got a 5D3. I'm considering selling my 300/2.8 to get a 7D2 to use with my 70-200/2.8II, and also to contribute to my slush fund. Are you in for a 7D2? Looks like you could use the AF and FPS?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2014
    wmstumme wrote: »
    Catholic Univ. visited American Univ for a fall-ball scrimmage. Fun to watch on a beauthiful, but I was fighting harsh sunlight without a single cloud all day. Here's some of what I came away with...

Really like these. Red player (22) in image #2 is plenty intimidating. Love it when you catch intense expression head-on.
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    4. IMG_4870a-XL.jpg

[/QUOTE]

. . . meant to also say that Icebear's other interest, the "dance" of the game, is apparent in #4. Another attribute I really like.
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    Bruce: Thanks for the feedback!

Jack: Thanks

I really have enjoyed the 70D. I had been using a 30D for many years until I finally upgraded last fall, and it was a huge improvement. 7D2--probably would be great, but I'm seriously $$ constrained--so the the 70D will do just fine for now. I really like the ISO improvement had to shoot some games under lights last night and it worked great. FPS increases really dont mean too much to me--I rarely shoot many in series. AF improvements always sound good though. Regarding going getting rid of the 300--not for me. I find the 200 just too short, even on a crop body, for full field sports.
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote: »
    7D2--probably would be great, but I'm seriously $$ constrained--so the the 70D will do just fine for now..

Wait 'till you get your kid out of Catholic. You won't know what to do with all your $$$$$$$.
    Nice work here, Will. #3's killer!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2014
    good set