Additional Session Pricing?

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited September 16, 2010 in People
Okay.. so I have a senior who wants to do a session when the leaves change colors, and another session when the snow is here. They already paid for the first one, but they're wondering how much for the second one.

I normally charge $250 for a senior session.. but I don't want to charge them an additional $250 because they're family friends and I know they cant afford it. How do you think I should go about pricing the additional session? I've never had this happen before where they request an additional shoot down the road part of the same package.

Please note that my sessions don't have time limits or outfit change limits or any limits.. For example, one senior's session took two days because we didn't get all that we wanted the first day. I work with my clients till we get what they want. Which is also why I'm considering not charging any extra because its what I do? But at the same time.. they asked how much so they're obviously willing to give more money and i'm not gonna turn that down!

One idea that I had was to price it like a regular portrait session.. which is $100.

This probably belongs in Business Happenings, but I felt my target audience (people shooters) would notice it here more than there..
Jer

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    Okay.. so I have a senior who wants to do a session when the leaves change colors, and another session when the snow is here. They already paid for the first one, but they're wondering how much for the second one.

I normally charge $250 for a senior session.. but I don't want to charge them an additional $250 because they're family friends and I know they cant afford it. How do you think I should go about pricing the additional session? I've never had this happen before where they request an additional shoot down the road part of the same package.

Please note that my sessions don't have time limits or outfit change limits or any limits.. For example, one senior's session took two days because we didn't get all that we wanted the first day. I work with my clients till we get what they want. Which is also why I'm considering not charging any extra because its what I do? But at the same time.. they asked how much so they're obviously willing to give more money and i'm not gonna turn that down!

One idea that I had was to price it like a regular portrait session.. which is $100.

This probably belongs in Business Happenings, but I felt my target audience (people shooters) would notice it here more than there..

I think $100 is very humble and modest and yet will please the client who obviously wants to compensate you.
    Your style of working with people is "working" for you. :D
    More than admirable
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    First, let me say that what someone can pay should have no bearing on what you charge.

However, given your pricing scheme (pay once for unlimited time), the fact that they client is willing pay a bit more for the extra day is a nice statement. I think the $100 is a very modest amount so the client will think they are getting a good deal while, at the same time, it's more than just a token so they will also fell they are paying for value received .... and for some that's very important.