Publish to Facebook - Beta 2. Now with Pages!

Comments

• jamieratjamierat Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    phil2 wrote: »
    Ok so the Facebook developers page has not indicated a fix yet, but I'm noticing other people saying they are posting to a new album. Are you saying that the recent issue of blasting the news feed of users for each individual photo in an album is now fixed??

I'm seeing that Andre Spatz Photography is posting recent pics at:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.386464518078471.87124.350391425019114&type=1
    which have smugmug shorted linked, so it leads me to believe something has been fixed???

Thanks!

He only posted 6 photos. I am scared to try because I lose fans if its wrong
  • RedrockbalooRedrockbaloo Registered Users Posts: 11 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2012
    wave.gif

Hey folks:

It's not fixed. I just used the JF lightroom export from Lightroom directly to facebook as a temporary backup solution. It does post to existing albums- but the handling of the copyright text is not as good as the smugmug one, and it forces me back into Lightroom instead of straight from the web site.

Still waiting for sumgmug heroes do fix it...hey it was working before?
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2012
    Yep...at least since June 20, I am having the same issue with the only choice being:to create a new gallery. I can post from the lightroom plugin, but I am not get the list in the SM FB share. It seems like the list of existing galleries just is not being fetched. There is a bit of a lag compared to previous shares.
  • rainingdreamsphotographyrainingdreamsphotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2012
    All once worked beautifully, but now...
    When I go to share "A Personal Photo Album" and it asks me to "please pick a gallery (or create a new one)" all I have the option to perform is the "Create a New Personal Gallery Option" after I click it...

Now I once was able to see all my galleries from facebook, and it was glorious, but now it does not have that option and all I can do is create a new gallery each and every time... aghhhh. HELP!!!
  • rainingdreamsphotographyrainingdreamsphotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2012
    Until yesterday I was able to publish either to an existing album or create a new one on the fly - either on my main FB or on my photo page. Since this morning I can ONLY publish by creating a new album. Has anything changed - headscratch.gif

I use Chrome

https://www.facebook.com/AndreSpatzPhotography

This is Happening To me TOO... HELP... I Loved adding things to an existing album... creating one each time is awful.... please help
  • DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    This is Happening To me TOO... HELP... I Loved adding things to an existing album... creating one each time is awful.... please help

+1 it must be broken, even though it worked for pages last time I used that...
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • jhofkerjhofker Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2012
    Hey Andy/Mikka, any news on this? Did Facebook change something?
  • MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    jhofker wrote: »
    Hey Andy/Mikka, any news on this? Did Facebook change something?

We are investigating. Got pretty good idea what's going on, unfortunately I don't have a date when this will be fixed. Sorry about that. I know this is not ideal for you and we hope to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
    edited June 29, 2012
    Thanks for the update. Good to know you guys have a handle on it!
  • peargrinpeargrin Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Running into a loop with this. I click on log in, get to a page where I'm told Smugmug wants "optional" additional permissions. If I say no, I just end up on the original login page. ?????? Please advise. Thanks!
  • IShootYouScoreIShootYouScore Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 2, 2012
    Previously, I used a combination of custom scripts in Lightroom and publish plugins to get the same galleries on Facebook and Smugmug with the links on Facebook pointing back to Smugmug. This process was a little complicated and took time to do the transfers, so I tried out the Publish to Facebook and have been pleased with the results, despite the odd "Facebook randomly changing the API" problem. However, there are WAY too many steps for someone who publishes a lot of galleries. I'm a sports photographer and I publish 1-10 galleries a week. I would love to see "presets" such that I could opt to have the gallery name match, XLRG images, buy link with caption of x, etc. and only hit Publish or Publish then select a preset instead of walking through a ten step wizard making the same choices every time.
    edited July 5, 2012
    Previously, I used a combination of custom scripts in Lightroom and publish plugins to get the same galleries on Facebook and Smugmug with the links on Facebook pointing back to Smugmug. This process was a little complicated and took time to do the transfers, so I tried out the Publish to Facebook and have been pleased with the results, despite the odd "Facebook randomly changing the API" problem. However, there are WAY too many steps for someone who publishes a lot of galleries. I'm a sports photographer and I publish 1-10 galleries a week. I would love to see "presets" such that I could opt to have the gallery name match, XLRG images, buy link with caption of x, etc. and only hit Publish or Publish then select a preset instead of walking through a ten step wizard making the same choices every time.

Very good ideas. We'll make sure to assess these when we are making improvements to the publishing system.
  • ehpdesignsehpdesigns Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2012
    Just wanting to confirm if this is an issue with an update that Facebook made to its API? Looking forward to having this feature back as it was incredibly handy to upload our pictures to Facebook with links back to our SM gallery.
    edited July 9, 2012
    Any more news on the current issue? :-) (Sorry to be that guy.)
  • rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    What he said.
    Any more news on the current issue? :-) (Sorry to be that guy.)
    Rich
    edited July 9, 2012
    rkw624 wrote: »
    What he said.

We have a fix for the gallery creation issue. Still needs to go through QA so that we don't break anything else in the progress. Hold on.
    edited July 9, 2012
    Great to hear! Sorry to be annoying, I just get sad when my newest favorite feature stops working. I know you guys do, too.
    edited July 10, 2012
    Great to hear! Sorry to be annoying, I just get sad when my newest favorite feature stops working. I know you guys do, too.

This has been fix'd
    edited July 10, 2012
    Woohoo! Thanks Miikka and team!
  • WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2012
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    This has been fix'd
    Which problem has been fixed now-- The problem in which new galleries had to be created, or the problem in which a notification was made to fans for each photo in an album rather than just one notification per album? (or both?!) I've been really waiting for the latter one, so I want to be sure.
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
    edited July 12, 2012
    Which problem has been fixed now-- The problem in which new galleries had to be created, or the problem in which a notification was made to fans for each photo in an album rather than just one notification per album? (or both?!) I've been really waiting for the latter one, so I want to be sure.

The problem that you had to create new gallery each time. The multiple notification issue is on Facebook side. They have assigned it a 'High' priority and we are waiting for the fix. Unfortunately we don't have a timeline on when it will be fixed.
  • w3bbyw3bby Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2012
    The publish to Facebook feature will save my relationship with my wife, thank you so much. I will be trying it out over the next few days and ramping her up on it. I did have her using the other Share to Facebook feature that only works on one photo at a time. Problem was that a very difficult to identify bug made it stop working once she was logged in under our SM account. I had some discussion with SM about the bug which I could repro on my own Facebook account, two different computers, and across three different Web browsers (IE, FF, Chrome), but they could not repro it although they had heard similar complaints. So far, I did a quick test of the Publish to FB feature, and it works as expected which will really make my wife happy.
    edited July 15, 2012
    Miikka, is there a place we can check the FB publish queue? I tried to publish ~8 photos earlier and it said it was queued and I'd get any email. It's been about four hours, so I'm just curious if the queue is still full or if something went wrong.
    edited July 16, 2012
    Miikka, is there a place we can check the FB publish queue? I tried to publish ~8 photos earlier and it said it was queued and I'd get any email. It's been about four hours, so I'm just curious if the queue is still full or if something went wrong.

Unfortunately there's no way for you to check the queue. Did the photos ever get published?
  • RobertkRobertk Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    I just found an open bug on Facebook developer site about this. Something has changed at Facebook on May 8th that causes multiple posts instead of one aggregated post about photo uploads. We will follow up with Facebook on this.

Thanks for pushing us to find the problem!

Is this happening all of the time or only in some cases?
  • MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    Robertk, all the time as far as I can tell. I do not see all of the posts on my timeline, but when I look at my stats, I see all of the individual posts for each photo there.
  • RobertkRobertk Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    Mine doesn't appear to do it. I'll try it again to tonight.
    MomaZunk wrote: »
    Robertk, all the time as far as I can tell. I do not see all of the posts on my timeline, but when I look at my stats, I see all of the individual posts for each photo there.
    edited July 17, 2012
    Unfortunately there's no way for you to check the queue. Did the photos ever get published?

No, I had to republish.
  • willshepherdsonwillshepherdson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2012
    I use the "Publish to Facebook" feature quite a bit both for work and personal albums. Is the any possibility the image cap could be increased from 200 to 1000 images? Facebook increased the maximum number of photos allowed in an album recently.

Now I have to create three different albums and then consolidate them on the Facebook end. Thanks!
    edited July 17, 2012
    I use the "Publish to Facebook" feature quite a bit both for work and personal albums. Is the any possibility the image cap could be increased from 200 to 1000 images? Facebook increased the maximum number of photos allowed in an album recently.

Now I have to create three different albums and then consolidate them on the Facebook end. Thanks!

I'll put this in the list of improvement requests. Can't give a timeline at this time though. Thanks!