Options

A place of pleasure

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited August 9, 2014 in People
:rofl
A new model on the floor and she did great.....can't see much of the girl, well it's the same as in the other picture "dancer"
fantasie.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2014
    When I look at this pic, I see such great balance
    wonderful work as always from you...
    What lighting do you use with the phase1
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2014
    time2smile wrote: »
    When I look at this pic, I see such great balance
    wonderful work as always from you...
    What lighting do you use with the phase1

TXS, strange I don't see the pict for the moment, nut of course I know which one it is.

The Lights:

Well I always use Broncolor lights, more specific the Move pack with the small heads. Typical two with a matching light shaper. Depending on what I need to do.
    In this case it is a para 222 (broncolor) with a flashhead mounted, the 222 sits about 4 meters away from the bed and creates the ambient light. on the side (right) I used a para 88 lightshaper to place the accents.

The point is that I always try to see the light, how it affects the scene, how it throws shadows. Should I use hard or soft light or even diffuus light ? It all depends on the picture. Anyhow once I got the lights right in terms of light and shaduw , then I start to measure the light. For me that is the most importend aspect of any light set-up….. measure. Not with the camera , but with a lightmeter (Seconic 785), one light at the time starting with the flash head that creates the fill-in light (fake ambient). That is my reference. I adjust it so that it matches my desired DOF through a pre-defined aperture . If I want a narrow DOF, then i might decide to go for a 2.8F. While measuring the flash (fill-in) , I adjust the powerlevel so that it is 1/3 to 2/3, 3/3 below 2.8 F. After all it is not the prime light. I also measure the light fall-off, as that is an importend aspect for the background lighting. Once the fill-in unit is set, I turn it off and move on to the key-light (accent light). That is the one that will expose the model, and will be set 1/3, 2/3 or 3/3 higher then the fill-in light again with a reference to the 2.8 f aperture. This I do measure on the most reflective place of the model, often that is a forehead or a naked shoulder that could be closer.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer