Full moon last night (PS applied)

jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited January 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
OK scrap it and start over or what do you think? This is two shots I took last night of the full moon. I could not get the moon properly exposed and definition in the foreground without manipulation in PS. So I took one shot exposed of the moon and a seperate of the foreground. The shots were in different areas so the moon did not actualy come up right where it is here. It was pasted in and then I applied a layer mask. While it was photoshoped, I did want to portray the night as I saw it and not go over the top. Also the ypical HDR process did not work for some reason. I think due to the manual settings to expose the moon.
Worth it as an artistic photograph or is it garbage?
454082027_BXz6G-L.jpg
Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited January 13, 2009
    It's certainly not garbage, but it's not quite right. The light on the trees seems to be coming from the right, not from the moon. I think you have the right idea of using separate shots of the moon and the rest...moon shots are definitely more interesting when there's a bit of context as well. If it were a street scene with a moon, consistent lighting would be less important, but in a country setting one expects the light to be coming from the moon itself.