Options

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt

CuriousslothCurioussloth Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited June 6, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

So I have been setting up my new photography site and have been having a bit of a problem getting it working with google search. I have entered all the homepage meta keywords and homepage meta description but still when i type the name of the site into google seach (with quotation marks) it just comes up with this as the description - "A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more"

Has anyone had this problem before? Or know how to fix it?

The website is www.curiousslothphotography.co.uk

Thanks for any help!

Tom

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 6, 2015
    It appears that the homepage meta description is not properly used for the actual homepage.

I typed site:www.curiousslothphotography.co.uk and saw the same results you reported. I then tried the same thing with my site, and the homepage meta description was not shown for the base home page. Instead I saw my menu entries followed by my copyright. Other pages showed text from the page or the homepage meta description. The only page that looks wrong is the home page. I know that the homepage meta description was used for the homepage at some point in time, guess I haven't looked at that for a while.

--- Denise