Options

No EXIF info??

jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
edited June 12, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I have a small Lightroom library with some photos that I sync to my smugmug site using the Smugmug Lightroom plugin. The problem is that I've set the gallery in Smugmug to sort according to date taken. But when I view the gallery the items are not sorted in that order. I've tried resorting the gallery but they are still not in correct order (sorry, the gallery is private so I can't link to it). When I look at the info for the photos on the Smugmug site it says that there is no EXIF info available but in Lightroom the info is there

I checked the settings for the plugin and it's set to include all metadata, and I can't find any other setting.

I'm sure I'm missing some option to remove EXIF info but I can't find it :dunno
Jan Erik Moström

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2015
    I do not really know what is going wrong for you, but I can say that I do this all the time, in fact almost all galleries I have are loaded by the LR plugin and sorted by date taken.

Can you try marking them all for republish? See if the dates go up then?

In LR I think they appear as "Capture date", are there any unusual things there, did you adjust the dates, etc? (But you are saying NO EXIF is present?). I only know of the setting on the publish plugin, you are looking there, right? Not in Export, but in the plugin settings?
  • Options
    jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2015
    Thanks for the ideas, I re-uploaded and now it seem to be better ... and I think why some photos are out of order. I will need to experiment a bit more when I get home tonight.
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2015
    One thing that does not work (and I've never taken the time to dig far enough to tell if it is SM or Adobe or just EXIF) is that photos taken in a burst, where they are all in the same second, will generally come up out of order. The actual time stamp you can see on your end has tenths of a second in it, but somewhere along the way they are lost and so SM thinks they are all at the same time, and has some arbitrary order it puts them in (like LIFO I think but not sure). Beyond that it has always worked for me, though if you hunt around here you will see a lot of discussion about date taken vs modified vs captured vs .... I don't remember the details, but there's clearly a bit of weirdness in dates between capture, LR, SM/LR and/or SM. However, I never run into that using a straight unmodified capture date, other than the tenths (and that's on thousand and thousands of shots).