Options

new to smugmug ? about homepage

sknappysknappy Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
edited June 2, 2015 in SmugMug Support
New to SmugMug and have created multiple folders with galleries. All have been set as view with "unlisted - anyone with a link", but I could not really find a way to let my family members go straight to my homepage and access ALL the folders and galleries from my homepage. When I send the homepage link, it comes up to them requiring a login, which would be my login.

While I could give that info to them, is there a way for them to be able to access all folders and galleries on my homepage (even though they are "protected" by the URL only security) without having to give them an individual link or my login info each time?

Sorry if this isn't making good sense, I'm new to the site and not totally familiar with all the ins & outs yet.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 2, 2015
    unlisted galleries only show to visitors if they have the link to the gallery. they don't show on your homepage.

I think you may want to use the Private Sharing feature to share your galleries with specific individuals. See the thread NEW FEATURE: Private Sharing and the help page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1665424-can-i-share-photos-privately-with-only-the-people-i-choose-?b_id=1644.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2015
    unlisted galleries only show to visitors if they have the link to the gallery. they don't show on your homepage.

I think you may want to use the Private Sharing feature to share your galleries with specific individuals. See the thread NEW FEATURE: Private Sharing and the help page http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1665424-can-i-share-photos-privately-with-only-the-people-i-choose-?b_id=1644.

--- Denise

In reading through that link, it would seem that it would just be simpler to give my login information to my immediate family members (wife and 2 daughters) rather than to change everything around. Thanks though.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited June 2, 2015
    sknappy wrote: »
    In reading through that link, it would seem that it would just be simpler to give my login information to my immediate family members (wife and 2 daughters) rather than to change everything around. Thanks though.
    Are you only giving access to your site to your family? If no one else needs access, why not set a sitewide password and give that to them? http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93321-how-do-i-set-a-sitewide-password-

--- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2015
    Create a top folder for your family. Give it a password. Add all your family folders and galleries under that
    top folder. They will only enter the password one time and they will be able to browse up and down thru
    any of the family galleries. By adding the PW to only the top folder it will flow down to everything below.

I have all family folders and galleries set to public everything. The PW keeps anyone else out but once they
    use the PW search and keywords will work for them. I have all my family tagged with their names so the
    /keyword page will work for them once the PW in entered.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    Create a top folder for your family. Give it a password. Add all your family folders and galleries under that
    top folder. They will only enter the password one time and they will be able to browse up and down thru
    any of the family galleries. By adding the PW to only the top folder it will flow down to everything below.

I have all family folders and galleries set to public everything. The PW keeps anyone else out but once they use the PW search and keywords will work for them. I have all my family tagged with their names so the /keyword page will work for them once the PW in entered.

If I do the "top folder" password protected can I still then send a URL link of a specific gallery to someone for them to look at that gallery without the use of a password, for example, if I wanted to send one of the galleries to a co-worker and they could only see that gallery and not others?

Sorry for all the questions. Still trying to wrap my arms around all the way these "security options" work.