Options

April & Cory - E session

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited September 15, 2010 in Weddings
I posted a couple of pics from their e-session in my other thread but the meaning behind that thread was not really about them so I thought I would give them their just due and post a few of the other pictures here. We had such a great time roaming around NYC.

Thanks for taking the time to look C&C is always welcome & appreciated!

I have been to that city hundreds of times in my life but had never been to the top of the Empire State building (just a bit afraid of heights am I) so going up there with them was a real treat here are a few from up there:

1 - Biggest problem is getting enough room to shoot - it is crowded up there, even for a Monday evening
1000578700_uETkh-L.jpg

2. Liking what he see's
1000582297_dCrv4-L.jpg

3. All about the bling
1000586091_vxEAh-L.jpg
4. Sunset
1000588504_WzKrm-L.jpg

Something else I have always wanted to do was shoot in Times Square. It was too funny, we started to draw a crowd as people stopped to see who these peeps where that were having their pictures taken. Quite a few people even snapped their own pics of April & Cory maybe thinking they were some Celeb they would look up when they got home.

5. Table for Two in Times Square
1000592242_KdWgh-L.jpg

6. Near Kiss
1000592913_r7sw7-L.jpg

7. I should have had him dip her in this one
1000596089_7LNSf-L.jpg

8. In the HEART of Times Square
1000597110_qFEmF-L.jpg

I wont re-post the pics from Central Park but you can check them out here if you have not already.

Again, thanks for taking the time to look!
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    Really like your ring shot!
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    I like the ring shot toothumb.gif and the time square shots are nice, in the 1st and 2nd I'd like to see them more up close. Just feels a little distant. Processing seems kind of high on the contrast/clarity for me in 5 and 8.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    wave.gif

1 - nice ... but I guess anybody could have taken this shot, looks very touristy ...
    2 - cute, but needs some cropping (a bit on the left + a bit on the right). I can see two "floating" elbows (?)
    3 - nice
    4 - VERY nice light iloveyou.gif
    5 - Oh noooo > chopped of feet :cry
    6 - ne_nau.gif not feeling it ... skin tones? light / flash?
    7 - My favorite on the bunch
    8 - Nice, ... but prefer #7 :D
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2010
    Thank you all very much for the feedback. I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment as I am always looking to grow & improve.

I completely agree about #1, I threw it up here more to show how crowded it was up there. Spent a long time cloning heads, elbows, and other random body parts out of a bunch of pictures. Excellent catch on #2, I will have to go back and crop that one tighter.

She loved the ring shot, said it makes her ring look so much bigger than it actually is, which of course got him into trouble - lol

Wish I could take credit for #4 out of the camera but its actually 2 pictures combined. They wanted a sunset picture, but there were so many people trying to take sunset pictures on that side of the building that we could not get any room. So I took a shot of the sunset and created this pic for them.

First words out of my mouth when I saw the times square pics at the table were "you idiot you cut off their feet" and I did it on nearly all the shots I took there. eek7.gif

Thank you again for the feedback!!!
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    Hi again: #4 is the best for me because the color is so natural. If something can be done with the other color shots to make them more natural IMO it would be great. I also would like to see all of the B&W shots before conversion. IMO this is not an occassion which requires timelehess. Dated shot are a o.k in my book.
    There is no greater fun than to watch my kids and grandkids look at our wedding photos of 38 years ago - the comments are preciouse to say the least.
  • Options
    Not in total agreement about this not being a timeless occasion plus I am a huge fan of b&w. While they are not the same exact shots this is what 3 & 7 would look like in color.

1000585623_HnZ7A-L.jpg1000597979_GZ82P-L.jpg

These are the original pictures that comprise #4

1003702879_nNG6Y-L.jpg + 1003701991_GmWgL-L.jpg = 1000588504_WzKrm-L.jpg
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    I think 1 would have been much better with a slow shutter speed so that everyone other than the couple look like they are zipping.

5 could be cooler if it wasn't centered.

I agree with 7 being awesome!! :)
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    After looking again, and again, at the shots what you did for #4 is my favorite. IMO #1 is a prime canidate for some of your great photoshop work. Your other color shots have something out of wack but I am unable to say what.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2010
    Jeff these are really nice. Your clients seemed comfortable with all the people around and that is 1/2 the battle in cases like this. I love what you did with 4... that is a spectacular image when all is said and done. maybe a little less blur around the top of his head but probably nothing the average person would ever notice. Overall impression of this set is a good one though I agree with Angie's comments almost verbatim. I'm sure your clients are quite happy!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    What a fun set! I'm no pro so I will tell you what I like, nothing technical. I just like pictures. Sometimes it is not about if you cut off their feet, or if the picture was actually 2 pictures put together. We would have never known, and we still like it! I know this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I really like 2. It is fun, unique and shows their fun personalities. It just makes me smile.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    kyeezie wrote: »
    What a fun set! I'm no pro so I will tell you what I like, nothing technical. I just like pictures. Sometimes it is not about if you cut off their feet, or if the picture was actually 2 pictures put together. We would have never known, and we still like it! I know this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I really like 2. It is fun, unique and shows their fun personalities. It just makes me smile.

At the end of the day you are right, but should we not strive to produce both good emotional photography and good technical photography as long as neither are sacrificed? Have you ever eaten a meal and thought hmmm... that was good but something was missing. Have you ever eaten a meal and then just savored every morsel for reasons you can't put your finger on? There are things our senses respond to that are beyond what our conscious mind records. I think of proper composition as one of those things. Certainly there are times when proper composition or anything else is irrelevant and maybe even impossible, but not in most cases.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    mmmatt wrote: »
    At the end of the day you are right, but should we not strive to produce both good emotional photography and good technical photography as long as neither are sacrificed? Have you ever eaten a meal and thought hmmm... that was good but something was missing. Have you ever eaten a meal and then just savored every morsel for reasons you can't put your finger on? There are things our senses respond to that are beyond what our conscious mind records. I think of proper composition as one of those things. Certainly there are times when proper composition or anything else is irrelevant and maybe even impossible, but not in most cases.

Matt

Oh, I totally agree with you! In this case though, you guys hit the technical stuff for me. I just wanted you all to know which one I liked :-) And I liked it not for composition or lighting or anything like that. I just liked it and I liked it because it made me smile and I went back to it a few times because of that. BUT!....now I'm hungry.:eat