• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    done and done.
  • RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
    Not sure if this is the correct place, but I think it might be a good idea to request that posters limit the number of threads per day in the busier forums. Over the last couple weeks in the Nature forum some members have posted multiple threads per day, which is not really fair to other posters in such a busy forum.

Just a suggestion.
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2006
  • AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    uhhhhh, well this is embarrassing... I tried to post a spam thing in this thread but got it in the wrong one.

This post by me...

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=294328&postcount=57

...in this thread

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=20570&page=6

Sorry eek7.gif
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2006
    Aloner wrote:
    uhhhhh, well this is embarrassing... I tried to post a spam thing in this thread but got it in the wrong one.

This post by me...

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=294328&postcount=57

...in this thread

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=20570&page=6

Sorry eek7.gif

Deleted :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Rohirrim wrote:
    Not sure if this is the correct place, but I think it might be a good idea to request that posters limit the number of threads per day in the busier forums. Over the last couple weeks in the Nature forum some members have posted multiple threads per day, which is not really fair to other posters in such a busy forum.

Just a suggestion.
    I will second this one for sure thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2006
    Rohirrim wrote:

Just a suggestion.

Good point Steve. I did send two individuals PMs requesting that they limit their new threads and both agreed to do so.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited April 25, 2006
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    Where does one post butterflys?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited April 25, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Where does one post butterflys?
    ginger

I usually stick a pin through them into the cork board and then under glass. lol3.gif

For photos, nature/wildlife?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    I usually stick a pin through them into the cork board and then under glass. lol3.gif

For photos, nature/wildlife?

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Usually bugs go in Other Shots. But I think either forum would work.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2006
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

edited April 28, 2006
    DanielB wrote:

Ta daniel...nailed 'im
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 28, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    Ta daniel...nailed 'im

u bugger, thought i was going to get to delete my first bit of spam :cry
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited April 28, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    u bugger, thought i was going to get to delete my first bit of spam :cry

I have a hunger for them.....one of 'em ran over my bike when i was a kid.
    edited April 28, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    I have a hunger for them.....one of 'em ran over my bike when i was a kid.

then you got into RePo and took his Ducati when he didn't pay. lol3.gif

revenge is sweet eh?
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

edited April 29, 2006
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Hey, what gives with editing my post in "People?"

That shot is 100% worksafe. You'd see more skin in a swimwear shot! How about a little consistency with the rules, eh?
    edited May 1, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    Hey, what gives with editing my post in "People?"

That shot is 100% worksafe. You'd see more skin in a swimwear shot! How about a little consistency with the rules, eh?

Chill..... It wasn't showing, and then the link got b0rked.
    It's fixed now.

PS: How is "Barely worksafe" equal to 100% worksafe? rolleyes1.gif
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Chill..... It wasn't showing, and then the link got b0rked.
    It's fixed now.
    I steadfastly refuse to chill! It was 75 degrees here a week ago, and then we got SNOW on Saturday! I'm about as chilled as I'm going to get!

rolleyes1.gif

Um... okay.

PS: I put the "barely worksafe" there as a courtesy, for those who think that swimwear or glamour aren't worksafe by virtue of the subject matter irrespective of the content.
    edited May 5, 2006
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33496

:spam?

I'm at work and didn't want to click the link but it sure looks fishy.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 5, 2006
    ...its been blasted. Thanks, Nick.

gluwater wrote:
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33496

:spam?

I'm at work and didn't want to click the link but it sure looks fishy.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Hate to complain, but.........
    I'm noticing a new trend (at least to me) very recently. Some posters are posting numerous threads en masse ( 4 or 5 threads at a crack) with only 1 or 2 shots maximum in each thread. A couple of members posted their shots which totaled 9 threads simultaneously. This seems unfair for a lot of reasons. It immediately shoves other postings into the next page before they have had much exposure. It isn't that they are posting an unfair amount of shots, it's dividing them up into separate threads, when mostly they could have been posted together. I spend a lot of time reading as many posts as possible, trying to at least view everyone's work and commenting as much as possible. Opening each multi-threads takes extra time and actually for me, it backfires. I become bored and dont' even want to respond. These are some of our better photographers, by the way, and there isn't anything to critique hardly, as far as the quality of their work. I am noticing that the responses to these posts is minimal compared to what they normally attract. Hopefully they will back off when interest appears to decline. For the moment though, it makes me not feel like posting anything at all, and I have just begun to feel comfortable about doing so. I am sure I am not the only one. I have moved from the nature gallery to the people gallery, only to find it a worse offender! Sorry to complain, I have given this a lot of thought, as Dgrin and it's members have given a lot of their time and knowledge to me and I would hate for the forum to change to a point that I would no longer be interested. I am offering no solution, I hate the thought of limiting creativity in any way, but just wanted to make my thoughts known. Food for thought, so to speak.
    edited May 5, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif with Saurora. It has been mentioned before but how can you tell people not to post. I guess suggesting they post similar pictures in one single thread would help. It is a valid point that having to look through so many different threads to see similar pictures is boring. I have found myself just skipping looking at those threads.

Usually this happens in the Nature forum but I have noticed it spreading to the People and Other Shots forums lately.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited May 5, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    I'm noticing a new trend (at least to me) very recently. Some posters are posting numerous threads en masse ( 4 or 5 threads at a crack) with only 1 or 2 shots maximum in each thread. A couple of members posted their shots which totaled 9 threads simultaneously. This seems unfair for a lot of reasons. It immediately shoves other postings into the next page before they have had much exposure. It isn't that they are posting an unfair amount of shots, it's dividing them up into separate threads, when mostly they could have been posted together. I spend a lot of time reading as many posts as possible, trying to at least view everyone's work and commenting as much as possible. Opening each multi-threads takes extra time and actually for me, it backfires. I become bored and dont' even want to respond. These are some of our better photographers, by the way, and there isn't anything to critique hardly, as far as the quality of their work. I am noticing that the responses to these posts is minimal compared to what they normally attract. Hopefully they will back off when interest appears to decline. For the moment though, it makes me not feel like posting anything at all, and I have just begun to feel comfortable about doing so. I am sure I am not the only one. I have moved from the nature gallery to the people gallery, only to find it a worse offender! Sorry to complain, I have given this a lot of thought, as Dgrin and it's members have given a lot of their time and knowledge to me and I would hate for the forum to change to a point that I would no longer be interested. I am offering no solution, I hate the thought of limiting creativity in any way, but just wanted to make my thoughts known. Food for thought, so to speak.

We do our best, I and the moderators, to gently tell n00bs to go easy on the volume of pic posts and any one time. It usually works!
    edited May 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    We do our best, I and the moderators, to gently tell n00bs to go easy on the volume of pic posts and any one time. It usually works!

We know Andy. You mods do a really good job here. I think we are just being a PITA for you wave.gif.
    Nick
    nickwphoto