Options

Ordering photos with SmugMug Lightroom plugin

perkinperkin Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited November 21, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I use the SmugMug Lightroom Plugin with Lightroom CC. There is no way that I know of to order my photos in the LR collections which are sync'd to SmugMug, so I organize them on the web site. But when I re-publish from Lightroom, the Lightroom photo order is restored. Is there a solution to this problem?

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2015
    You are speaking of the photos and not the galleries inside a folder, right?

I order my photos with a sort, forward or reverse chronological, in the gallery setup, and it appears to honor that in LR.

Are you trying to order them manually in LR, and have the manual sequence maintained in LR? I remember I had this issue once and can't recall the solution (if it was even solved), I'll see if I can find it.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2015
    Found it, and I think I may have let it drop at the time.

See here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=253180&highlight=manual+order+gallery+plugin

David is the maintainer of the LR plugin BTW.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2015
    I just did some experimentation. Two things were needed - set the LR collection to "custom" order in LR, and in the Plugin edit gallery dialog, set the Sort-By to position, ascending. It then seems to reposition even if all you change is a position (i.e. if there are no images to publish) when you "publish".