Options

New SmugMug app - No Get a Link to Individual Photos

The Photo BoothThe Photo Booth Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited November 21, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I installed the new SmugMug app on my iPhone with great anticipation for the ability to (finally) copy links for individual photos on my iPhone so I can embed those photos in forum posts, etc. Much to my dismay, I discovered that the only link available to copy is the URL to the FULL PAGE of the gallery where the photo resides.

I am completely unable to "get a link" to a specific photo that would display in its own window via browser link.

Since this functionality was REMOVED from web browser-based features when using a smartphone, the ONLY way to do it on my iPhone was, hopefully, with the new app. But the feature isn't there.

PLEASE tell me I'm missing something.

Mark

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2015
    I installed the new SmugMug app on my iPhone with great anticipation for the ability to (finally) copy links for individual photos on my iPhone so I can embed those photos in forum posts, etc. Much to my dismay, I discovered that the only link available to copy is the URL to the FULL PAGE of the gallery where the photo resides.

I am completely unable to "get a link" to a specific photo that would display in its own window via browser link.

Since this functionality was REMOVED from web browser-based features when using a smartphone, the ONLY way to do it on my iPhone was, hopefully, with the new app. But the feature isn't there.

PLEASE tell me I'm missing something.

Mark

Did you miss the new share panel that gives links to individual photos and is mobile friendly?

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255885

Dave
  • Options
    The Photo BoothThe Photo Booth Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2015
    pilotdave wrote: »
    Did you miss the new share panel that gives links to individual photos and is mobile friendly?

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=255885

Dave

Thank you! Much to my surprise, the new share panel works in mobile Safari!

Previously, Heroes suggested that we'd need the new SmugMug app to access the individual photos share panel. So, I wasn't expecting it to work in mobile Safari! The fact that it DOES works in the Safari browser is a bonus!

Thank you, SmugMug!

Mark