Lomo Effect Photoshop Action

moonjuicemoonjuice Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited March 9, 2007 in Finishing School
Does anyone here have the Photoshop action that simulates the effect from a Lomo camera?

The action was originally posted at redscreen.net but that site is down for quite some time and there's no indication when it will be back up. Someone else put the action up for download because of the site being down, but the file is corrupt or something because it's not downloading completely and I get an error message when I try to load it (something about an unexpected end-of-file).

Anyway, I have been going nuts looks for this. If anyone has it and would be willing to send it my way I would be forever thankful.:bow

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2004
    How 'bout this site? There is a lomo action (not sure if it's what you want) described on page 5
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2004
    Cool stuff in that link, Cletus. I messed around with one of his ideas, changed it a bit, and altered this movement shot:

5299107-M.jpg

into this rather unusual 'quality of light'. rolleyes1.gif

5729040-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2004
    moonjuice wrote:
    Does anyone here have the Photoshop action that simulates the effect from a Lomo camera?

The action was originally posted at redscreen.net but that site is down for quite some time and there's no indication when it will be back up. Someone else put the action up for download because of the site being down, but the file is corrupt or something because it's not downloading completely and I get an error message when I try to load it (something about an unexpected end-of-file).

Anyway, I have been going nuts looks for this. If anyone has it and would be willing to send it my way I would be forever thankful.bowdown.gif
    I downloaded and saved it a while ago. You can get it at my Blog...

http://www.perezdesigngroup.com/blog

Just do a search (CTRL+F) for lomo and it'll find it quick.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Beau HudspethBeau Hudspeth Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2007
    Here is a five action set that I created based off of requests I have seen.
    • ACTION NAME: BHP Actions / • • • B. H. Photography • • •
    • CONTAINS: The Look of Lomo, Lomo 2, Basic Square White Vignette, Basic Square Black Vignette & Soft Focus
    • AUTHOR: Crated by: Beau Hudspeth
    • DESCRIPTION:
      • Two actions designed to give an image the overall look of a picture taken with a Russian Lomo camera.
      • Two to create image vignettes.
      • One to create a soft focus effect - designed for portraits but usable anywhere.
    • Updated: 2.16.07
    • DOWNLOAD HERE
    ||||||||||||||| EXAMPLES |||||||||||||||

Original
    atn-base.jpg

The Look of Lomo
    atn-tlol.jpg

Lomo 2
    atn-l2.jpg

White Vignette
    atn-wv.jpg

Black Vignette