JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited December 4, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_3766-XL.jpg

Does this work?

Comments

• Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    Yes, although I would have got rid of the two floats to increase the simplicity - but that is only my preference. I like the processing.

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    I like the scene and composition a lot Cristobal, the dock is rather different looking. For me, the floats work because they add a touch of perspective, but I can see it both ways too.
    On my monitor, the colors look altered, highly saturated - not necessarily an undesirable effect - but I do see a fair amount of chroma noise in the clouds, that looks unnatural. Could be, just me.....
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    I like this shot!! It takes my eyes from left to right hard and fast leaving you wondering what is on the right side of the frame. Great capture with the light on the dock from left to right. I like the total contrast as well.

I also wonder what a B&W shot with a red filter would look like.
    2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Yes, although I would have got rid of the two floats to increase the simplicity - but that is only my preference. I like the processing.

Cheers, Richard.
    Earache wrote: »
    I like the scene and composition a lot Cristobal, the dock is rather different looking. For me, the floats work because they add a touch of perspective, but I can see it both ways too.
    On my monitor, the colors look altered, highly saturated - not necessarily an undesirable effect - but I do see a fair amount of chroma noise in the clouds, that looks unnatural. Could be, just me.....

Hi Richard and Eric, I looked at this in two different screens today and although I did push the saturation a bit, I don't find it overwhelming. Monitors vary so much. Here is a version without the floaters, I guess it is better, but I always feel I'm cheating... I wanted to have some drama in the sky, but I can't seem to get it where I want. Ideas?

DSC_3766-XL.jpg

williaes wrote: »
    I like this shot!! It takes my eyes from left to right hard and fast leaving you wondering what is on the right side of the frame. Great capture with the light on the dock from left to right. I like the total contrast as well.

I also wonder what a B&W shot with a red filter would look like.

Here is a BW version, I prefer the color one though...

DSC_3766-2-XL.jpg