Cuba

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited August 27, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I took these on a recent trip to Havana

I really like the morning sunlight on the staircase

907375404_szNUb-L.jpg.............. 975832622_RVhq9-L.jpg

Grafittis are strictly forbidden in Havana, and what do those who dare write? God...

911852408_TdGT3-L.jpg

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    I like #2 a lot, wish it was posted bigger.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    I like #2 as well, unfortunately nothing in these shots says "Cuba" to me except for your title. I want to see so much more.
    You have anymore?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 26, 2010
    juano, I increased the size of the images for you thumb.gif
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    Angelo wrote: »
    juano, I increased the size of the images for you thumb.gif
    Thanks!

just curious how did you do it?
    edited August 26, 2010
    I like #2 as well, unfortunately nothing in these shots says "Cuba" to me except for your title. I want to see so much more.
    You have anymore?
    Liz

Happy to oblige. Here are a couple and I placed some more here:

http://www.mind-driftphoto.com/Travel/Cuba/13507269_4Fduh#983932863_u2eGd

983932863_u2eGd-L.jpg983933306_52nSF-L.jpg
    edited August 27, 2010
    You have anymore?

Liz

I have a question. I saw your series street 2010 (I liked it very much btw) and I am wondering what is the policy about posting photos of people where they are recognizable?

Thanks

Cristóbal
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks!

just curious how did you do it?

I just changed the medium "M" to large "L" in the file name
  • canonthencanonthen Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    Great photos Juano.
    Abraham
    My website
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    Juano wrote: »
    Liz

I have a question. I saw your series street 2010 (I liked it very much btw) and I am wondering what is the policy about posting photos of people where they are recognizable?

Thanks

Cristóbal

Hey Cristobal,
    Thanks about my series--I'm pretty proud of it:)

As far as the policy. I don't know if you mean on dgrin or in general.

In the US you can pretty much photograph anyone in a public space. I never approach my subjects, they usually don't know they have been photographed. My goal is to capture them in a moment, not posing. Also if I am noticed and the subject being photographed has a problem with it, although I'm in my right to keep the photo, I would volunteer to delete it, just not worth it.

This has been discussed many times before, so just giving you the low down.

You can then post the shots on dgrin, flickr whatever and it does not present a problem. I don't know how that changes though if you sell your image (which I have yet to do), unless of course you are interested in buying:)

Now if you were to photograph a person for a street portrait,then you could just approach them and request a portrait--we don't do very much street portraiture on this forum that's usually in "people".

Of your additional shots, i like the one of the blue car with the elbow sticking out (dont' know why, but I just like it).

Keep them coming, especially any with people in it and how they are interacting with their surroundings or others, and the closer you are the better (learned that here on this forum and it has helped my shots)--my 2 cents.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited August 27, 2010
    Thank for the tips. The reason I asked is that last year I wanted to submit a few photos to the Smithsonian annual contest and they required a consent form for any photo showing a clearly recognizable person. I just can't see myself traveling with my forms and asking people in Addis or Cairo to sign them!