double image key on tweeted photos

mklmkl Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited February 17, 2012 in Bug Reporting
when i click on the tweet botton for any photo, the url generated has the image's key in it twice. it seems like this only puts the caption in the page title until you move to a different gallery; but i thought this might be a result of the recent change in url structuring, unless it's somehow for twitter's benefit.

for example, for this image and url

http://www.meganlongphotography.com/Earth-scenes/new-york-city/7343538_kQCHrh#!i=472602225&k=z6PwL

the url generated by the tweet button is

http://www.meganlongphotography.com/Earth-scenes/new-york-city/7343538_kQCHrh/472602225_z6PwL#!i=472602225&k=z6PwL

it happens in the latest versions of firefox, safari, and opera on mac os 10.6.8, logged in and not, repeats every time, and was also observed on moonriverphotography.com.

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    I'll send what you report about the duplicate image id, key on to our QA team to take a look at.
    mkl wrote:
    it seems like this only puts the caption in the page title until you move to a different gallery
    I'm unsure what you mean by that. Could you explain this a bit more and give an example?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • mklmkl Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2012
    I'm unsure what you mean by that. Could you explain this a bit more and give an example?

if you click on the second link i pasted, the 'twitter' link, you get this as the page title:
    won't you have a seat? a city bench in union square, new york city, new york - megan long photography | nature & travel photographer | bangor, maine
    where it would normally be just this:
    new york city - megan long photography | nature & travel photographer | bangor, maine
    so the image caption takes the place of the album title, which kinda makes sense given the url. if you move around to other images in the gallery the caption stays in the page title, but any subsequent urls are formed correctly, and thus have the correct page titles, after moving to another portion of the website. i just mentioned it to suggest that the bug seems contained and with a reasonable cause/explanation, but i hope that's a bit clearer.