Options

Improper Error Description in LR Plugin

BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited February 16, 2012 in Bug Reporting
This one is simply a matter of wording causing problems that appear to be a bug. Clear as mud I know.

Now that the latest LR PlugIn supports video I started including my videos in the uploads. However when I got an error the message I got was that the "Video larger than 1.50GB (2)" and it listed the two videos. I got slightly confused by this as I thought the limit was 3GB and the file was 2.99GB. I figured it should fit. I trimmed a little off and tried again same problem.

I think that the issue is that it is longer than 20 minutes currently, since it is SD. Is there a limit of the uploader in LR to 1.5GB or is it just a verbiage issue.
-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 2, 2012
    This one is simply a matter of wording causing problems that appear to be a bug. Clear as mud I know.

Now that the latest LR PlugIn supports video I started including my videos in the uploads. However when I got an error the message I got was that the "Video larger than 1.50GB (2)" and it listed the two videos. I got slightly confused by this as I thought the limit was 3GB and the file was 2.99GB. I figured it should fit. I trimmed a little off and tried again same problem.

I think that the issue is that it is longer than 20 minutes currently, since it is SD. Is there a limit of the uploader in LR to 1.5GB or is it just a verbiage issue.

Hey Brad,

We found through testing that 1.5 GB was about the most the LR could handle...anything above that it started chewing up loads of memory and the app became totally unresponsive. I'm hoping that things change for LR4 and we can increase the limit.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2012
    Is it possible to put a filter in so that it doesn't try to upload a file larger than it can? I can't set a smart rule to exclude it without manually setting up an exclusion keyword or something.
    -=Bradford

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 16, 2012
    Hey Brad,

There are no hooks to prevent an image/video being added to a publish collection. The only thing I can do is what the plugin currently does during the export process, determines if the size of the file on disk is greater than what can be uploaded.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2012
    Thanks for the clarification, it did not sound like it checked size before upload. At least the bandwidth is not being wasted - yes, it is metered on my account. Thanks Comcast.
    -=Bradford