Options

Legacy to new Smug

glammanglamman Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited August 2, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I'd like to transition to the new Smugmug. One thing I like in my legacy is that my page showing my Gallery Categories will automatically show next to each category how many galleries and how many photos are contained in that category. It will also automatically show an Updated date/time stamp. I consider this very useful info- the viewer can see whether there are only a few photos or tons of photos and also see when that category was last updated.

Then when you look inside one of the Categories the list of the galleries will also automatically show the "Updated" date/time stamp with each gallery. Very useful for someone who visits my site often- they can see, very easily, if any Category or Gallery has been updated.

Now, will all this automatically show in the new Smugmug? When I click on "View New Smugmug" all that shows up with each Category/Gallery is just the Name.

Thanks!
http://studio808.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2014
    That is not available on NewSmug. One of the many frustrating things they dumped from legacy.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    That is not available on NewSmug. One of the many frustrating things they dumped from legacy.

As I suspected. Grrrrr...... Then they wonder why I don't like the new Smug.
  • Options
    AlamethAlameth Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2014
    glamman wrote: »
    As I suspected. Grrrrr...... Then they wonder why I don't like the new Smug.

IMHO, this particular feature is representative of a whole class of basic functionality that was vital to "pool" photographers but dropped from the new Smug, suggesting that SmugMug isn't interested in that market any more. Maybe it's because we use a disportionate amount of disk space, but gravitate towards "power" accounts rather than "pro"?

It's frustrating both as a contributor to a pool and as the manager of a pool: one of my photographers switched to the new Smug almost immediately, and he tells me he loves it. But it's made using his work so much harder that I tend to avoid it. The other five in the pool are staying with old Smug (one pro was adamant about not moving), so that's worked out OK.

The real problem is there are no alternatives. I think I've tried them all, and the few that actually seem to be interested in the "pool photography" market are really feature poor, suggesting that SmugMug isn't alone in deciding it's a dead market.
  • Options
    AlamethAlameth Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2014
    BTW, love your Urban Exploring series.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2014
    Alameth wrote: »
    BTW, love your Urban Exploring series.

Thanks for viewing!
    I still don't understand why they dropped the dates and # of images from the new Smug- why not make it an option, if you want it, you got it, if not, don't have to use it. I AM paying for this "service". Grrrrr....