Options

Cover Photo

MemoriesRemainMemoriesRemain Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited July 27, 2014 in SmugMug Support
For the longest time I had a cover photo which showed up just like the rest of my high res photos on the site, it was clear and sharp. I wanted to change it and actually deleted it from my folder , I than uploaded a new photo and set it as my Cover Photo and it was god awful, all pixelated and really poor looking but yet its a high res photo. So I than deleted it and tried just choosing a photo from one of my galleries and still it looks not up to par. Did something change , is there a certain size and dimension I need to make the photo to use as my Cover Photo?

http://www.memoriesremainphotography.com/

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2014
    I looked deep in your html and found the XL size being used.
    http://www.memoriesremainphotography.com/Travel/Chuang-Yen-Monastery/i-J84LhXF/1/XL/IMG_3655-XL.jpg
    Perhaps their CSS that shrinks, resizes and fits is causing the problem.

BTW, I saw little difference between the XL and cover photo.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I looked deep in your html and found the XL size being used.
    http://www.memoriesremainphotography.com/Travel/Chuang-Yen-Monastery/i-J84LhXF/1/XL/IMG_3655-XL.jpg
    Perhaps their CSS that shrinks, resizes and fits is causing the problem.

BTW, I saw little difference between the XL and cover photo.

I am baffled , I tried using original size photo which is high res, tried using xxl, xl, large etc it just looks like crap now compared to the one I had set in there for the longest time . And that one I deleted out of the folder but even trying that exact photo also doesnt look like it did when I had it in there .
    I also emailed smugmug two days ago and never got a reply yet.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2014
    Your XL is much taller then this. How did you get the pano like one you show for the cover photo?
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Your XL is much taller then this. How did you get the pano like one you show for the cover photo?

I did not make it into a pano, it's resizing itself when I choose the photo for the cover photo. Thats why I am wondering if there is a certain dimension that window is so I can maybe crop the image to those specs . I don't know what is happening now since I had my other photo in there that was in there for almost a year now , I decide to change it and poof something not right now.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2014
    I think you have right click protection on in its gallery. Was going to view images to see size but didn't work.
  • Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2014
    It looks like the gallery settings for the gallery you are pulling the cover photos is set to Large, as the largest display size. You would want to set this to original in the gallery settings menu, in order for the cover photo to come through as high res.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

John
    SmugMug Support Hero
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2014
    JohnHero wrote: »
    It looks like the gallery settings for the gallery you are pulling the cover photos is set to Large, as the largest display size. You would want to set this to original in the gallery settings menu, in order for the cover photo to come through as high res.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

John
    SmugMug Support Hero

I also set it to original size and tried it but the same thing seems to be happening so I went back to my default limit size for that gallery.
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2014
    I also set it to original size and tried it but the same thing seems to be happening so I went back to my default limit size for that gallery.

weird ok i just went back and set it to original again and now it looks like it suppose to, but i know i tried that earlier and it didnt. But is there any way to set that one pic to original and not the others in that folder , or do I need to make a new folder for that specific pic only.