Options

Gallery update dates

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
edited August 12, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Visitors have no clue what galleries have been updated as shown in red below on any folder page.
Please allow us to toggle this on/off per gallery. p.updated on legacy site.
        2013-04-20 Garganey 
[I][COLOR=Red]Updated: Apr 23, 2013 11:21am CDT[/COLOR]
[/I]
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Plus fix the date shown on images - it is using date modified instead of Date Created. ALso, it just says "Date".
  • Options
    glammanglamman Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2014
    I agree with Allen- need the Updated date on the Galleries and Albums.

People have given up on checking various smug pages for new photos if they have to go to each Gallery/Album all over again and look through everything all over again just to see if there is anything new.

The Legacy was much better at keeping viewers informed.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,177 moderator
    edited July 29, 2014
    +1. This affects both old and new Smugmug. Both are showing the same exact dates and times shot and edited.

i-DRSPKvc.jpg

i-5Brmx6W.jpg
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    +1. This affects both old and new Smugmug. Both are showing the same exact dates and times shot and edited.

Mine are showing the correct dates. Panasonic DMC-G5K.
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2014
    glamman wrote: »
    I agree with Allen - need the Updated date on the Galleries and Albums.

People have given up on checking various smug pages for new photos if they have to go to each Gallery/Album all over again and look through everything all over again just to see if there is anything new.

The Legacy was much better at keeping viewers informed.

Since this was in the Legacy Smug couldn't it be offered as an option on the new Smug? Then if you wanted it, it was there, if not, you didn't have to use it. Wouldn't that keep everyone happy?

Can you Smugmug, at least give us the code(?) so we could have this feature in the new Smug?
  • Options
    tobemetobeme Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2014
    Any updates?
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2014
    SM's most recent blog page has a screen shot that shows a different date and time of a photo taken and edited. How is it that this problem is apparently fixed for that screen shot, but not fixed for all the rest of us?
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator
    edited August 8, 2014
    SM's most recent blog page has a screen shot that shows a different date and time of a photo taken and edited. How is it that this problem is apparently fixed for that screen shot, but not fixed for all the rest of us?
    I believe that was fixed a while ago. I just checked some of my photos and the info pop-up is showing a different date taken and date modified.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2014
    I believe that was fixed a while ago. I just checked some of my photos and the info pop-up is showing a different date taken and date modified.

--- Denise

Nope. There has been no change in any of my pics in any gallery, new or old Smugmug. See my screen shot post above. I just checked again. No fix yet.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator
    edited August 9, 2014
    Nope. There has been no change in any of my pics in any gallery, new or old Smugmug. See my screen shot post above. I just checked again. No fix yet.
    Interesting. I wonder what the difference is between your site and mine. My photos were edited in Lightroom, and the info on the photos is reflecting the actual date taken and date modified.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2014
    ^ About that. I don't use LR. I use Canon's DPP most of the time. I'll bet that is at the heart of what's wrong with mine.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    ^ About that. I don't use LR. I use Canon's DPP most of the time. I'll bet that is at the heart of what's wrong with mine.
    Can you post a link to the photo in question for which you included the screenshots so we could look at the file?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero