Publish to Facebook - Beta

1235»

Comments

• voicelitvoicelit Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Sad thing is: I hardly can know what my name is on SmugMug... I went through a lot of work & trouble to get it to dotfur or dotfur.com... but then they keep adding some other nonsense like: dotfur.smugmug.com or something: they claim you can have your own name but it seems really difficult for them. Went around again to get it to; just : dotfur.com.. they said they would do it for me: still got that "SmugMug" word in my name...
    I don't know or think if I have any pop up blockers on or anything: everything else has always worked: why would there suddenly be pop up blockers? Just using the pretty normal average: Windows Vista with FireFox. All this cookie stuff should be in the original announcement about the App. Good thing to post would be if ANYONE has yet got this to work even a little.
    Thanks for your quick reply,

Marty
  • vitamirusvitamirus Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 25, 2011
    Can't access new Facebook Feature
    Hi there,

I have "joined" the new facebook feature in the darkroom and can see the "Publish to Facebook" option in my sharing menu.

When I click it I get the "Publish to Facebook" window with "Getting Started" and a FB login button. I click the button and get nothing.

I'm using Chrome Browser on a Mac Lion get the same problem on Safari and also get the problem using Chrome on a windows 7 PC.

My SmugMug account is http://vitamirus.smugmug.com problem occurs on all galleries I've tried.
  • GregVGregV Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    I don't seem to see the way to select more than one photo, or create an album. I just opted in today. Posting a single photo works fine.
    Greg V
    ...still figurin' it all out...

Greg Vogel Photography
  • bluegoobluegoo Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 26, 2011
    I can't see the option
    Hi - first time caller...

I have tried IE8 and Firefox 7. The "Join" button changes to leave, but nothing shows up in my galleries.

I also went to bluegoo.com/goodies/ and it shows "leave" -- which seems to indicate that it should work, but no Facebook options show up in my galleries.

Thanks.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Greg and bluegoo,
    As mentioned in the instructions, once you've joined the 'publish to Facebook' option, you'll be able to find the 'publish to Facebook' option in the share button of a gallery:
    20111026112623-00576x2311226.jpg
    If you don't see the option, maybe you also opted in for the new gallery style? Per the note on the darkroom page:
    "NOTE: Publish to Facebook is currently not available with the New Gallery style".

If you still have an issue, post a link to the gallery in question you try to post so we could take a look at it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    When the box comes up to pick personal or business page it goes blank on me. I can't make any selections.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    When the box comes up to pick personal or business page it goes blank on me. I can't make any selections.
    What browser version and operating system do you use?
    Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93251

Can you post the link to the gallery in question you tried last so we could take a look at it?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • KentFrostKentFrost Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    I also get the "Login To Facebook" button that does nothing.
    "Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew, without even thinking about it." ~Alan Watts

www.kentfrostphoto.com
  • jeannesheridanjeannesheridan Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 26, 2011
    Facebook Login problem
    I "joined" and then went to one of my galleries to publish it to facebook. When the screen comes up and says to login to facebook, it does not do anything. I click on the graphic over and over and nothing happens. I can see that it is trying to call a URL in the lower left corner of my browser, but it won't trigger. I know this is in beta, so please don't take this as a complaint :-)

I am using Windows 7 and Firefox 7.0.1. I have not tried this in IE.

Jeanne
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    [IMGR]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-6NmPPVk/0/S/i-6NmPPVk-S.jpg[/IMGR]

One of the top requests we've gotten over the years is for you to be able to easily export your SmugMug photos into albums on Facebook. We've been working hard on this and we're ready to let you test it out.

Like our new gallery style thread, you can opt in to enable this beta feature in your browser. It works the same way:
    1. Visit our Goodies page here: http://www.smugmug.com/goodies/
    2. Click the green 'JOIN' button next to the Publish to Facebook section.
    3. If you're on a custom domain you'll need to visit the /goodies/ page on your custom URL, too.
    4. Leave at any time by hitting the 'LEAVE' button and we'll remove the new features from your view.
    Once you've joined, visit any of your galleries and hit the Share button. You should see a new "Publish to Facebook" option under the Owner Only options.

Click it and choose the photos from your gallery that you want to share. We'll give you a chance to pick which Album to publish to, or you can create a new one. Feel free to also customize the Image size, Caption and Link Style settings.

Hit Publish and we'll port them over to the album of your choice.

Love it? Hate it? Spot a bug? Let us know right here in this thread.

EDIT: New features added! Get details here.
    edited October 26, 2011
    What browser version and operating system do you use?
    Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93251

Can you post the link to the gallery in question you tried last so we could take a look at it?

Explorer 9
    Windows 7

http://smu.gs/rERiAa

That's just one example but none of them seem to work.

I can do it now but it's not as easy as it should be. I have to click start over and move mouse over Facebook Page before it disappears and like wise for the rest of the steps.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • GregVGregV Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Greg and bluegoo,
    As mentioned in the instructions, once you've joined the 'publish to Facebook' option, you'll be able to find the 'publish to Facebook' option in the share button of a gallery:
    20111026112623-00576x2311226.jpg
    If you don't see the option, maybe you also opted in for the new gallery style? Per the note on the darkroom page:
    "NOTE: Publish to Facebook is currently not available with the New Gallery style".

If you still have an issue, post a link to the gallery in question you try to post so we could take a look at it.

exactly what my problem was. thanks for answering, sorry I missed it.
    Greg V
    ...still figurin' it all out...

Greg Vogel Photography
  • johndeguzmanjohndeguzman Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 26, 2011
    I'm having similar problems where I've selected Share - Publish to Facebook. Then the "Getting Started" window pops up saying I have to log into facebook, but when I click on the blue button, nothing happens. I'm trying this on a Mac in both Chrome (without flash) and Firefox (with flash). I've tried it after disabling pop-ups and nothing happened. Thanks!

John
    edited October 26, 2011
    Explorer 9
    Windows 7

http://smu.gs/rERiAa

That's just one example but none of them seem to work.

I can do it now but it's not as easy as it should be. I have to click start over and move mouse over Facebook Page before it disappears and like wise for the rest of the steps.

It worked from Fire Fox with no issues.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
  • gschlactgschlact Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    JUST TO CLARIFY FOR EVERYONE.

THERE CURRENTLY IS NO WAY TO PREVENT PHOTOS FROM BEING DOWNLOADED ON FACEBOOK.
    I realize you would be uploading them with Watermarks, but some more progressive photographers are Selling packages of digital-facebook-download (small res) images. By posting to FB and not being able to prevent download, would eliminate this ability to sell the low-res download package on Smugmug.

Only way around it would be to put huge watermark across middle, but then prospect wouldn't know if they wanted to buy for Fb.

-Guy
    edited October 26, 2011
    gschlact wrote: »
    JUST TO CLARIFY FOR EVERYONE.

THERE CURRENTLY IS NO WAY TO PREVENT PHOTOS FROM BEING DOWNLOADED ON FACEBOOK.
    I realize you would be uploading them with Watermarks, but some more progressive photographers are Selling packages of digital-facebook-download (small res) images. By posting to FB and not being able to prevent download, would eliminate this ability to sell the low-res download package on Smugmug.

Only way around it would be to put huge watermark across middle, but then prospect wouldn't know if they wanted to buy for Fb.

-Guy
    Hence why I am selective in what pictures I put up. I use a gawdy watermark that everyone would probably yell at me for but since I've changed to it I have seen only 1 maybe 2 pictures with it on Facebook as compared to years past with older WM when I would see 5-10 a week.
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
  • gschlactgschlact Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Hence why I am selective in what pictures I put up. I use a gawdy watermark that everyone would probably yell at me for but since I've changed to it I have seen only 1 maybe 2 pictures with it on Facebook as compared to years past with older WM when I would see 5-10 a week.

So I guess it might be a nice feature to upload to FB using an alternative Watermark separate from the one that displays on Smugmug.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    Thread closed, as we have a new thread here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=207955 for discussion. Thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    gschlact wrote: »
    So I guess it might be a nice feature to upload to FB using an alternative Watermark separate from the one that displays on Smugmug.

I wish we could do this but it's just not possible with the way we're set up. Sorry!
This discussion has been closed.