The NEW Uploader is NOT Working!

Comments

• beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    Oh - well don't listen to me, I could very well be wrong.... I've been out of SM for over a year now... sorry!
    Maybe they have to work harder and longer nowadays to get through the work that you used to do :D
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    I still don't understand why the previous one was abandoned when it worked perfectly fine for everyone but is there any reason why we can't go back to the old uploader until this one is properly beta tested and functions as it should?
    edited December 16, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    ... but is there any reason why we can't go back to the old uploader until this one is properly beta tested and functions as it should?
    Maybe it's because we are the beta-testers?

I agree that it would make good sense to go back to the tried-and-tested uploader thumb.gif
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    They need to cover a lot of ground.

Now that the login "remember me" in Firefox is working properly, having to log in again is only a minor inconvenience to me.
    Unfortunately there are other bugs still not fixed that cause me much more aggravation.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
    edited December 16, 2013
    Now that the login "remember me" in Firefox is working properly, having to log in again is only a minor inconvenience to me.
    Laughing.gif!

And Laughing.gif again!

It might be working properly for you, but it ain't for me!

Another Laughing.gif, just for good measure.

rolleyes1.gif
    edited December 16, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    Laughing.gif!

And Laughing.gif again!

rolleyes1.gif

Sorry to hear it doesn't work correctly for you.
    It snapped back to life for me with Firefox version 26.

Cheers,
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    It works for me now in FF26 for my main site but on another site the browser won't pick up the login info.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited December 16, 2013
    beardedgit wrote: »
    Laughing.gif!

And Laughing.gif again!

rolleyes1.gif
    Allen wrote: »
    It works for me now in FF26 for my main site but on another site the browser won't pick up the login info.

Ouch, If I had to type in my name and password every time I uploaded a picture I would really be mad.

Cheers,
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    On FF it worked like a shotgun fired. FAST. My first test last night. Great that it catches duplicates and has the split screen. Thanks Smugmug.
  • LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    I can't speak for Firefox but the log-in problem is not fixed on ie or Chrome but I just see it as part of the many charms of using Smugmug these days. It's annoying but I live with it. This lingering problem with uploading files however is a much bigger and more annoying issue.
    edited December 16, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    I can't speak for Firefox but the log-in problem is not fixed on ie or Chrome but I just see it as part of the many charms of using Smugmug these days. It's annoying but I live with it. This lingering problem with uploading files however is a much bigger and more annoying issue.

Agreed, Chrome does not "remember me".

However with Firefox I have a link to the smugmug login page on my taskbar.
    When I want to upload a file I just click on the link, one click on the login page and I'm good to go.

This is nothing like the pain of having to drag every file I upload from the bottom of it's gallery.
    Smugmug insists on putting them there instead of the top where they would be handy to deal with when sorting manually.
    Or the many other features that have disappeared like click to open, click to close in the lightbox.

Cheers,
    edited December 16, 2013
    I just tried Internet Explorer 11 and " remember me" works for me in it too.

Cheers,
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    I haven't been able to upload for the past few days on Chrome or Safari. When I put files in the uploader they just sit there and *never* start. It shows me logged in. I've tried logging in and out, but no luck. Sending an email to smugmug help as well for good measure.
    edited December 16, 2013
    Shima wrote: »
    I haven't been able to upload for the past few days on Chrome or Safari. When I put files in the uploader they just sit there and *never* start. It shows me logged in. I've tried logging in and out, but no luck. Sending an email to smugmug help as well for good measure.

Did you clear cookies and re-boot? Just in case as that often clears lots of issues.
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    Shima wrote: »

Yes, please clear your cookies and make sure you log in via www.SmugMug.com and let me know if you continue to see this issue.
    edited December 16, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Yes, please clear your cookies and make sure you log in via www.SmugMug.com and let me know if you continue to see this issue.

I wonder why I didn't have to log in via my smugmug.com address?
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    Why isn't the problem solved once and for all ?

I have enough. I have another account in Flickr and when they moved to the new visual everything was right.

What are you heros waiting for ?????????????? :deadhorse
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013

Yup already did all of that and it's not browser specific. Happens w/ the same symptom on both Firefox and Chrome. I'm running Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). All updates / patches applied.

I also sent SmugMug a traceroute.
    Support Hero John says "We have a handful of Mac users that are experiencing this issue and we are trying to see what the commonality are"

My case number is #606349

And if you see any successful uploads in my history, those were uploads I did with Aperture/Lightroom this past week, which I only did from the apps because it was my only way to upload! I normally much prefer browser uploading.
    edited December 17, 2013
    Hi All,

We have pushed a fix for the "We are sorry, you do not appear to be logged in" issue. Please let me know ASAP if you continue to see this message.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    Hi All,

We have pushed a fix for the "We are sorry, you do not appear to be logged in" issue. Please let me know ASAP if you continue to see this message.

Did not fix it for me. Still get the same message.
    edited December 17, 2013
    Hi All,

Still doing it here.

Cheers,
    edited December 17, 2013
    Sorry guys. Forgot to say, log out from your custom domain, clear cookies and then log back in. Sorry about that
    edited December 17, 2013
    Sorry guys. Forgot to say, log out from your custom domain, clear cookies and then log back in. Sorry about that

Did as requested, but still does the same.
    Works the first time, but if you close the browser and open again, it will not work until you close and log in again.

Cheers,
  • HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Hi All,

Just tried my very first upload after unveiling and I'm getting the same error message -- repeatedly. eek7.gif
  • CaoimhinCaoimhin Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    Hi All,

I logged out, cleared cache/cookies in Chrome, re-logged in and successfully uploaded a single image. Closed Chrome, re-opened and attempted an upload and the "not logged in message" was back.
    edited December 18, 2013
    Thanks guys...investigating. I may need to ping someone to test live time. Any volunteers?
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 18, 2013
    Thanks guys...investigating. I may need to ping someone to test live time. Any volunteers?

Sure. Ping me.

I just tried again. No joy.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited December 18, 2013
    BTW, the strange thing is the uploader thinks I'm not logged in but I can use any other customize feature after that happens.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    mrcoons wrote: »
    Did not fix it for me. Still get the same message.

That fixed it for me, thanks!!mwink.gif
    edited December 18, 2013
    Allright guys, made one more change. Please give it another try and let me know if it works.

Change was made before Mark reported, so it seems to have worked for him.

Thanks!