U.S. Postal Mail Delay of Three Months?

2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited August 15, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just had a customer email me and tell me they finally received their original order..............almost three months from time of order! Bad thing for me is, this was someone I was working with, on trying to grow my business.

Anyway, I contacted Smugmug after we figured the original was turning up missing. They immediately sent out copies, which the customer received in a timely basis.

Too bad standard ground deliver can't be tracked. So I guess my point is, if it's a really valuable order, make sure the customer chooses a shipping method that allows tracking.

Comments

• docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 15, 2007
    That stinks. The USPS has been doing a really good job but there are times that things get really screwed up. (had a mail truck burn here a few weeks ago) But even the USPS, UPS, and FedEx trackable packages get lost as well.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2007
    2whlrcr wrote:
    I just had a customer email me and tell me they finally received their original order..............almost three months from time of order! Bad thing for me is, this was someone I was working with, on trying to grow my business.

Anyway, I contacted Smugmug after we figured the original was turning up missing. They immediately sent out copies, which the customer received in a timely basis.

Too bad standard ground deliver can't be tracked. So I guess my point is, if it's a really valuable order, make sure the customer chooses a shipping method that allows tracking.

Ouch! Yeah, just FYI... for "economy" shipping, we'll happily reprint and ship if an order takes longer than 2 weeks to arrive. We just need to confirm with the customer that the shipping address on file is correct.

"Express" shipping is trackable, as are 2nd Businessday and Next Businessday. thumb.gif

-Anne