Options

Venice Carnevale - 15 Feb 09

ThesmazThesmaz Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited February 20, 2009 in Journeys
This is my first pic upload here at DGrin:clap All of the pics have not been edited in anyway, yet, so go easy on me with C&C but all comments are welcome. I am using a Canon XSi and only had the kit lens attached (need/want better glass, just no extra $$ right now :cry)

Being that we live about 1 hr from Venice we my family and I figured that we might as well brave the crowds that are Carnevale and they didn't disappoint! It was very difficult to get in a good position for shots but thankfully most of the folks in costume we accommodating for photographers. Enjoy the pics and thank for looking!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpgIMG_1327

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited February 16, 2009
    Hi Thesmaz and welcome to Dgrin. wave.gif

Nice series. I love the last one. They certainly do it right in Venice. Makes Madrid's festivities look dull by comparison. :D
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2009
    Thanks! I have been lurking here for quite some time but haven't posted any pics because I while I thought my pics looked good, they just didn't compare to most of the things posted here. I finally decided to stick my neck out to see what, if anything, would happen. I plan on messing with all of the pics that I took yesterday as soon as I get a chance and I hope to post some of my others. Making the leap from P&S to DSLR has been a bit greater than I originally thought but I have less time now to spend just playing with the camera. I'll get there eventually....
  • Options
    CraftyChristieCraftyChristie Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2009
    Nice photos!! What an awesome time to be there. That's something I would love to see!
    Don't worry about the quality of your photos, the Journeys forum is supposed to be criticism-free, it's all about the places :)
    I am a beginner, and use point-and-shoot, and even I will probably be posting some pics here :)
    Thesmaz wrote:
    This is my first pic upload here at DGrinclap.gif All of the pics have not been edited in anyway, yet, so go easy on me with C&C but all comments are welcome. I am using a Canon XSi and only had the kit lens attached (need/want better glass, just no extra $$ right now :cry)

Being that we live about 1 hr from Venice we my family and I figured that we might as well brave the crowds that are Carnevale and they didn't disappoint! It was very difficult to get in a good position for shots but thankfully most of the folks in costume we accommodating for photographers. Enjoy the pics and thank for looking!
  • Options
    hrishii2009hrishii2009 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 17, 2009
    Hey.....

This is my first post as well in Dgrin....:D

Really nice photos.........Ur lucky to stay within 1 hour of Venice....

Would love to see some Venice city pics as well during the carnival - the canals, streets , bridges etc.

By the way, I too plan to post my travelogues......Can anybody help me with what software I can use to reduce the size of my images?

Cheers
    Hrishi
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2009
    Thanks for the comments. I have some of pics of the streets, bridges and waterways as well but only have a few uploaded to my gallery.

Mac or PC? Photoshop elements is a good bet. I think you can resize pics with google's picasa but I'm not certain as I don't use it.
  • Options
    nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2009
    Well done.

Venice was one of my favorite places to take pictures when I traveled around Italy a few years ago. So many colors and ornate details. It's also a great place to capture some awesome night shots.

Brian