Options

Very Fortunate!

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited January 6, 2009 in Weddings
I love dgrin....I don't post everyday, but I usually check in once a day. We have some really valuable members here, and I'm excited at the growth of this forum in particular.
Just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration, the help and the reassurance you all provide to me....daily. :clap

Thanks to everyone involved in making it happen!:D

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2009
    Here, Here!
    beer.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    +1 clap.gifiloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    I'm a newbie here, but I already agree with you 100%. I have learned so much in just the past few weeks from all of you. I feel much more confident with my business side of things because of what I have learned. My website is finally starting to look more professional thanks to all of your tips. You guys are awesome. iloveyou.gif
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    cdonovan wrote:
    I love dgrin....I don't post everyday, but I usually check in once a day. We have some really valuable members here, and I'm excited at the growth of this forum in particular.
    Just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration, the help and the reassurance you all provide to me....daily. clap.gif

Thanks to everyone involved in making it happen!:D

15524779-Ti.gifcheerleader.gif - it's so great to see other's work in this area. A great opportunity for plagiarismmwink.gif
    I'm a newbie here, but I already agree with you 100%. I have learned so much in just the past few weeks from all of you. I feel much more confident with my business side of things because of what I have learned. My website is finally starting to look more professional thanks to all of your tips. You guys are awesome. iloveyou.gif
    wave.gif - Welcome to the forums. DGrin is 100% responsible for my having started up my part-time photography business and for helping me make it successful. I still have loads to learn and I work at it every day. My lack is not because of a lack of information - I just can't drink it all in quickly enough!:slosh
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Ditto. Without dgrin I doubt I'd be into photography as a business at all. This really took my love for taking pictures and grew it into something much, much, more. And I never stop learning here! There are always ways to improve and dgrin constantly reminds me of that :)
  • Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif I completly agree with ya'll. An acquaintance told me about this forum and the first thing he said was to make sure I don't post stupid questions or make stupid comments because the people on here will get mad.. well as you can see from some of my posts I ignored him and thank goodness I did because he was so wrong. You all have been absolutly wonderful and helpful to a newbie like me even if I asked stupid question.:D So thank you thank you thank you for all the help and encouragement!!!cheerleader.gif
    Courtney
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif I completly agree with ya'll. An acquaintance told me about this forum and the first thing he said was to make sure I don't post stupid questions or make stupid comments because the people on here will get mad.. well as you can see from some of my posts I ignored him and thank goodness I did because he was so wrong. You all have been absolutly wonderful and helpful to a newbie like me even if I asked stupid question.:D So thank you thank you thank you for all the help and encouragement!!!cheerleader.gif
    I think your friend was referring to some other forum. I've NEVER seen someone get upset with "stupid" questions. BTW - a question might appear to be stupid to someone who knowns the answer, but to someone who is earnestly trying to "figure it all out", these questions are important.

So - continue to ask those "stupid questions!" and we'll all learn something along the way!
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    So - continue to ask those "stupid questions!" and we'll all learn something along the way!

As one who has asked more "Duh" questions than most around here, I can tell you that 100% of the members are here to share. So many chimed in to help me tweak the website that it saved me a ton of time and many grey hairs.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    I think your friend was referring to some other forum. I've NEVER seen someone get upset with "stupid" questions. BTW - a question might appear to be stupid to someone who knowns the answer, but to someone who is earnestly trying to "figure it all out", these questions are important.

Thanks Scott!!
    Courtney
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Well since we already broke the ice....

Can anyone tell me what the green square thingy on my camera dial does?

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Seriously.....I learn something new here on most every visit....and you guys are the first people I want to share it with when I learn something new.

thumb.gif ...and no....there are no dumb questions!thumb.gif
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Seriously.....I learn something new here on most every visit....and you guys are the first people I want to share it with when I learn something new.

thumb.gif ...and no....there are no dumb questions!thumb.gif

So true, so true. Like others who have posted in this thread (thanks Chris!) I have learned a phenomenal amount from everyone and have never felt that a responder thought my questions were dumb (and I know some probably WERE dumb). I only wish I knew more so I could contribute more to others.:D

Can't WAIT to meet some of you in Maine next fall!wings.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    So true, so true. Like others who have posted in this thread (thanks Chris!) I have learned a phenomenal amount from everyone and have never felt that a responder thought my questions were dumb (and I know some probably WERE dumb). I only wish I knew more so I could contribute more to others.:D

Can't WAIT to meet some of you in Maine next fall!wings.gif
    The cool thing is, after time you will know the answers to questions an CAN contribute. Just give it time.