Options

Fall in the Ozarks

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited October 29, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Spent a few days in the Ozarks last week. For some reason, I didn't take many pics :dunno, but I did shoot a few. Here's a couple.
Randy

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2012
    I see you caught some great color. I like the old barn shot....but then I'm a sucker ofr those kind of shots.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2012
    really nice set...what part of the Ozarks were you in,? What road was the barn on?
    As soon as I can find the culprit of my Jeep just dying I want to head off down there myself.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 25, 2012
    I see you caught some great color. I like the old barn shot....but then I'm a sucker ofr those kind of shots.

Tom

We got lucky with the timing on the fall colors.

I was on my Wing, and just didn't stop too many times for pics. But, I certainly couldn't pass up this barn with such a colorful background.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    really nice set...what part of the Ozarks were you in,? What road was the barn on?
    As soon as I can find the culprit of my Jeep just dying I want to head off down there myself.

Hey Art,

This trip we were actually staying in Kimberling City, MO, right on Table Rock Lake. We were riding on my wing mostly in NW Arkansas. We normally stay in Eureka Springs, AR, which I highly recommend!

This barn is located on (43), about 2 miles south of a tiny town named Ponca, AR, on (43). The barn will be on your right while your heading south, going away from Ponca. This area is also known as Lost Valley, where a large herd (approx 3500) of free ranging Elk live. If your there in the morning or evening, you stand a very good chance of seeing several elk in the valley fields just off the road (43). This is where I shot the pics of elk that I posted last year.

This entire area is beautiful, especially from Ponca to Jasper, AR.

Have fun!
    Randy
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    You are a traveling man :Dthumb.gif Nice fall photos.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Hey Art,

This trip we were actually staying in Kimberling City, MO, right on Table Rock Lake. We were riding on my wing mostly in NW Arkansas. We normally stay in Eureka Springs, AR, which I highly recommend!

This barn is located on (43), about 2 miles south of a tiny town named Ponca, AR, on (43). The barn will be on your right while your heading south, going away from Ponca. This area is also known as Lost Valley, where a large herd (approx 3500) of free ranging Elk live. If your there in the morning or evening, you stand a very good chance of seeing several elk in the valley fields just off the road (43). This is where I shot the pics of elk that I posted last year.

This entire area is beautiful, especially from Ponca to Jasper, AR.

Have fun!

wholly crap.... I pretty much know exactly where that is...I did my Jr Hi and Hi school yrs just a few miles south of Ponca .... been on 43 more times than I can count, but I was younger and only wanted to get from A to B and did not pay that much attention to the beauty of the land...and B was either a girl or game I was hunting...that was before they re-introduced the Elk......Thanks man, Greatly appreciate it.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 28, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    wholly crap.... I pretty much know exactly where that is...I did my Jr Hi and Hi school yrs just a few miles south of Ponca .... been on 43 more times than I can count, but I was younger and only wanted to get from A to B and did not pay that much attention to the beauty of the land...and B was either a girl or game I was hunting...that was before they re-introduced the Elk......Thanks man, Greatly appreciate it.

Small world indeed!

You indeed grew up in a very pretty area.

Glad I could help Art!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    You are a traveling man :Dthumb.gif Nice fall photos.

I'm only a travlin' man, when I can!

Thanks for looking Mary!
    Randy
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2012
    Beautiful, Randy. Arkansas is on my bucket list--one of the few states I've not set foot in, which is a shame since it's right next door to us. Now you make me want to go there sooner rather than later. Glad you are out and about!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Beautiful, Randy. Arkansas is on my bucket list--one of the few states I've not set foot in, which is a shame since it's right next door to us. Now you make me want to go there sooner rather than later. Glad you are out and about!

Lauren

Hey Lauren,

I'd highly recommend many visits to Arkansas, as it's a beautiful state!

In particular, NW Arkansas thumb.gif

Thanks for looking and your kind comments. I'm sure trying to get out and shoot as much as possible!
    Randy