Easter Mini Session Setup

idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited March 13, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I have 16 mini sessions booked at a boutique in my hometown (one day). I am interested to know how you all set up sales for sessions like this? I plan to tether into lightroom so thy can see the images as I shoot. My assistant will be taking care of sales while I move to the next client. My package prices have been set (clients are aware of them) but we are going to attempt to upsell a 10x20 collage. Should I just hand the cf card off to her for them to view the images on a different computer? I am confident that sales will be higher if they can see the images onsite.

Thanks!
Eva

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    You are going to be a busy pair with 16 sessions.

If it were me, I'd have a 2nd computer for viewing so your assistant can spend a few extra minutes showing the customers their images and options for a collage.

Great idea! Let us know how it works.

How long are your sessions?
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2011
    Sessions are 30 minutes. I will have a second computer that will be set up for that reason. I plan to have a separate area for sales. :)
  • GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2011
    What kind of boutique store?

Ive thought about contacting some childrens stores for something like this, but got side tracked planning my senior portrait year.

How did you advertise? got any tips? :) Did they prepay?

Ive done stuff like this for gymnastics and ballet, with someone on the computer doing the sales. I just handed her the memory card and used the 2nd one and then went back and forth. Half an hour could be a lot of time for sales, but if they cant decide you may have to either schedule them a picture viewing on another day or get backed up and have to reschedule the viewing of the next person instead.

I know of some togs that have a computer terminal to show the pictures while your showing the previous person the pictures so the sales goes a bit faster. All they have is a monitor and mouse with a basic interface.
  • idoteechidoteech Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2011
    It's a friend of mine. I'm giving her a portion of the profits, but she is getting business into her store also. Yes, they pay when they order. As far as sales, I am only doing 5-6 pics, so hopefully that will help.

Any suggestions for a lightroom workflow?

Eva