Old Barns

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited October 29, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
linville-143-X2.jpg

linville-160-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    Love these. Old barns in autumn colours make great subjects! The first one really grabs me with the strong composition, red leaves and a bit of cloud detail in the sky.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Love these. Old barns in autumn colours make great subjects! The first one really grabs me with the strong composition, red leaves and a bit of cloud detail in the sky.

Hi Ceci,

It's great to hear from you. I hope you're doing well.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    where were these photos taken?
    Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
    edited October 27, 2012
    where were these photos taken?
    Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the visit. Both of these barns are located in Valle Crucis, NC.....deep back into the Appalachian high country, not very far from Boone. Both of these barns were in constant use up until about a year ago. I was going to take a look into one of these things until I spied a rat that must have weighed in at about 150 lbs. .... sent me scurrying from the scene pronto.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    Nice lookin' barns. Really like the added touch of the saddle in the first photo. 150 pound rat huh rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 28, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Nice lookin' barns. Really like the added touch of the saddle in the first photo. 150 pound rat huh rolleyes1.gif

Well, Mary, that darn rat was HUGE. I might have missed his weight by a pound or two....was kind of hard to judge when all I could focus on was his two front chompers. They had to be at least 3 inches long.

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2012
    Well, Mary, that darn rat was HUGE. I might have missed his weight by a pound or two....was kind of hard to judge when all I could focus on was his two front chompers. They had to be at least 3 inches long.

Tom

Your a hoot Tom rolleyes1.gif
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2012
    Tom,

As usual, great colors and detail in the images!

Unfortunately, I must now address my disappointment...

You had a 150 lb rat, and his saddle conveniently at the ready, and you boot scooted out headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Oh what is this world coming to ne_nau.gif
    Randy
    edited October 28, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Tom,

As usual, great colors and detail in the images!

Unfortunately, I must now address my disappointment...

You had a 150 lb rat, and his saddle conveniently at the ready, and you boot scooted out headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Oh what is this world coming to ne_nau.gif

I tell you, Randy, if you had seen the evil in that critter's eye, you would have hauled ass too. Besides, I didn't have my spurs with me.:D

Tom
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2012
    Spurs? We don't need no stinkin' spurs.

You always find the greatest barns, Tom!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited October 29, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Spurs? We don't need no stinkin' spurs.

You always find the greatest barns, Tom!

Well, a real cowboy don't need no stinkin' saddle either. Randy's getting a little soft in his old age. He's spending too much time on that " Wing " he rides and not enough time on barnyard critters.

As you know, hunting down these old barns is a passion of mine. Fortunately, these Appalachians are crawling with the things.

Take care,

Tom