Move Subcategory: PLEASE create this feature

squeenersqueener Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited May 9, 2012 in SmugMug Support
We (meaning me) really need to be able to move subcategories to a different category...and by doing so, move all the corresponding galleries. This would make organization..reorganization sooo much simplier.

I started my pro smugmug account many, many years ago...and it's just impossible to know what your needs are going to be in a few years in regards to organization.

I have 10 subcategories...containing nearly 300 galleries that I need to move. The only option available in the user interface is just not sufficient enough. Please help.
www.sorsn-photography.com
www.queenerfamily.com

"A day without sunshine is like night"

Comments

• TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2012
    squeener wrote: »
    We (meaning me) really need to be able to move subcategories to a different category...and by doing so, move all the corresponding galleries. This would make organization..reorganization sooo much simplier.

I started my pro smugmug account many, many years ago...and it's just impossible to know what your needs are going to be in a few years in regards to organization.

I have 10 subcategories...containing nearly 300 galleries that I need to move. The only option available in the user interface is just not sufficient enough. Please help.

For now, the only way to organize your subcategories is by using what we have for now. There is some talk on our Feedback Forum about cleaning this up. The requests there are seen by everyone here at SmugMug, so it's definitely being looked at. thumb.gif

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 8, 2012
    Our Lightroom plugin supports reorganising categories, subcategories and albums as you mention.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    squeener wrote: »

Lousy answer (IMHO), but look at Star*Explorer. I hate having to go to third party tools for functionality that should be a standard part of the SmugMug tool set.

IIRC I used it exactly once (a year or so ago) for just this reason (massive site re-organization).

Haven't touched it since, it's probably an expired demo taking up HD space. rolleyes1.gif