High School Lacrosse Playoffs

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited May 8, 2007 in Sports
The Milton Eagles and the Lassiter Trojans managed to put their girls and boys varsity lacrosse teams into the quarter finals of the state high school lacrosse championship. The way the brackets worked out, they played a double header last Friday night. The girl's game was won by the Eagles; who are now (hopefully) headed for their 3rd state championship. The Trojans won the boys match-up.

149560446-L.jpg

149564614-L.jpg

149650173-L.jpg

149649626-L.jpg

149658469-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Nice shots Kent.

How big of crowds do you get down south for a HS Lax tournament?
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote:
    Nice shots Kent.

How big of crowds do you get down south for a HS Lax tournament?
    This was a Tuesday night, high school quarterfinal double-header; I'd say that there were 1000-1250 folks there.

Kent
    Web site
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    KMCC wrote:
    This was a Tuesday night, high school quarterfinal double-header; I'd say that there were 1000-1250 folks there.

That's pretty good to see the growth in the sport down south.

I took a peek at your site and looked at the photo info. Are your shooting mostly with a 70-200 f2.8?

You're getting real close shots and it doesn't appear your cropping to much. Any secrets?
    Regards

Will
    wmstumme wrote:
    That's pretty good to see the growth in the sport down south.

I took a peek at your site and looked at the photo info. Are your shooting mostly with a 70-200 f2.8?

You're getting real close shots and it doesn't appear your cropping to much. Any secrets?
    Put on a helmet, carry a crosse in one hand, and the camera in the other. The refs hardly notice that I'm there. eek7.gif

Yes, I take most of my lacrosse shots with the 70-200 f/2.8 on a 30D. I have a 24-60mm f/2.8 on my 20D and use it occassionally if the action gets real close.

I typically position myself halfway between the goal and the mid-field line; and then concentrate on shooting action in that half of the field. (That'll change if I ever win the lotto and get a 400mm L f/2.8) The teams switching ends each quarter gives me two chances to concentrate on the offensive and defensives players on each team.

Kent
    Web site
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited May 8, 2007
    Mighty fine shots! I like the one of the coach talking to the ref...I think I
    know how it goes :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?