Options

SOLD: SB-600 and sync cord (new)

Unbrok3nUnbrok3n Registered Users Posts: 444 Major grins
edited April 13, 2009 in Nikon Land
Someone I know just gave me a brand new SB-600 to sell for them. They needed it for a class and literally used it for 5 minutes (the timer on the unit can prove it!)
Its in perfect condition, practically brand new. Comes with the box, paperwork, blank warranty card.
PLUS
A never opened, brand new sync cord.
I just bought a sb400, and am not really into flash stuff, otherwise I would snag this up.
Im looking to get $205 for both, at this point I will not split them up.
I might consider trades.

ebay name: fortifiedfaith
nikoncafe name: Zack Baldwin
graphic designer/photographer

Comments

• Options
    nickatnitenickatnite Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2009
    Sent you a pm, sir.
  • Options
    gwynethgwyneth Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 20, 2009
    is this still available? i'm interested! pls email me gwyn[at]gwynethcolleen.com
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2009
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    Someone I know just gave me a brand new SB-600 to sell for them. They needed it for a class and literally used it for 5 minutes (the timer on the unit can prove it!)
    Its in perfect condition, practically brand new. Comes with the box, paperwork, blank warranty card.
    PLUS
    I just bought a sb400, and am not really into flash stuff, otherwise I would snag this up.
    I might consider trades.

I'll take it - shooting you a PM just to make sure.

thanks, johndhelms at hotmail dot com
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    ITS SOLD
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    ITS SOLD

Just let me know when it ships.

Thanks...
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    Buyers beware...

I FINALLY received word from this seller on this item. It was supposed to be shipped out yesterday and now due to a pretty LONG excuse, it was "supposed" to be shipped sometimes this coming weekend (April 2-3rd)!

I just requested my money refunded back. Hopefully I'll get that in a speedier fashion that this lens was supposed to be shipped.

I'm gonna chalk this seller as a NEGATIVE. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    nickatnite wrote:
    Buyers beware...

I FINALLY received word from this seller on this item. It was supposed to be shipped out yesterday and now due to a pretty LONG excuse, it was "supposed" to be shipped sometimes this coming weekend (April 2-3rd)!

I just requested my money refunded back. Hopefully I'll get that in a speedier fashion that this lens was supposed to be shipped.

Was it a lens or a flash? I just got a pm from Zach saying the flash was available and replied that I would take it, but I want to make sure nickatnite gets his refund first (did you pay through paypal?). thumb.gif
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    jhelms wrote:
    Was it a lens or a flash? I just got a pm from Zach saying the flash was available and replied that I would take it, but I want to make sure nickatnite gets his refund first (did you pay through paypal?). thumb.gif

The lens comment was probably because I was asked 2nd but I'd spent the $$$ on a lens instead, so my budget is dry and I can't get the flash. So goes on to the 3rd person - you :)
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    I responded to all your emails almost immediately.
    I also explained that I had a family emergency I couldnt help.
    And ALSO agreed to refund your money.
    Why are you leaving negative feedback? lol
    I also didnt sell you a lens...
    There was nothing else I could have done. Stuff happens.
    Jhelms is understanding, and Im selling to him.
    Thanks!

Zack

nickatnite wrote:
    Buyers beware...

• Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    The lens comment was probably because I was asked 2nd but I'd spent the $$$ on a lens instead, so my budget is dry and I can't get the flash. So goes on to the 3rd person - you :)

My question about the lens was just clarifying nickatnite's comment of:
    nickatnite wrote:
    Hopefully I'll get that in a speedier fashion that this lens was supposed to be shipped.
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    jhelms wrote:
    My question about the lens was just clarifying nickatnite's comment of:

roger that. backing out now :)
    //Leah
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    I responded to all your emails almost immediately.
    I also explained that I had a family emergency I couldnt help.
    And ALSO agreed to refund your money.
    Why are you leaving negative feedback? lol
    I also didnt sell you a lens...
    There was nothing else I could have done. Stuff happens.
    Jhelms is understanding, and Im selling to him.
    Thanks!

Zack

I sent you an email on Monday the 23rd, asking if you had shipped this item and then posted in this thread today (the 24th) only to have you FINALLY send me a pm this morning with the scenario that you described (something to the tune that you went out of town for spring break/fly emergency) and you left this with a friend to mail to me and then the friend got sick/hospitalized and you will try to get the flash back from them and send it to me hopefully this weekend (April 4th). I did get your other pm and email just a few minutes ago and I must say that the reply that you gave on those do not match the story you gave me not 12 hrs ago.

I'll be glad to pass and let someone else put up with this. As I stated in the last pm, pleas refund me all of my money no later than 9am Wed the 25th. Not my money minus the Paypal fees, ALL OF IT... deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    jhelms wrote:

Apologies for the confusion, it was a flash and I did pay thru Paypal. I was in a hurry this morning and trying to catch my flight. I'm still waiting on my Paypal refund.

You can have it.
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    Im going to be more mature about this and stop it here, but I need to defend myself.
    I had a issue over spring break with some family friends. They kept the flash while I came up to school. She had to go into minor surgery yesterday (she never told me) and said she couldnt ship til later in the week.
    I couldnt really do anything.
    I sent a pm to the buyer telling him I would give him a partial refund for the inconvenience.
    Im not sure what else I could have done.
    I refunded his money, and still have the issues with my family. Looks like I lost this battle :)
    But she'll be sending it to jhelm later this week, and im sure theyll be more mature :)
    I have hundreds of positive feedback on ebay, and dozens (all camera related) on nikoncafe. and a bunch of positive transactions here...never a negative or neutral.
    Problems happen, im sorry nickatnite
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2009
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    Im going to be more mature about this and stop it here, but I need to defend myself.
    I had a issue over spring break with some family friends. They kept the flash while I came up to school. She had to go into minor surgery yesterday (she never told me) and said she couldnt ship til later in the week.
    I couldnt really do anything.
    I sent a pm to the buyer telling him I would give him a partial refund for the inconvenience.
    Im not sure what else I could have done.
    I refunded his money, and still have the issues with my family. Looks like I lost this battle :)
    But she'll be sending it to jhelm later this week, and im sure theyll be more mature :)
    I have hundreds of positive feedback on ebay, and dozens (all camera related) on nikoncafe. and a bunch of positive transactions here...never a negative or neutral.
    Problems happen, im sorry nickatnite

Lemme explain something to you here son. Since you called me a LIAR and accused me of making up the story (which I have not), I really do NOT take kind to by being referred to as IMMATURE.

Never ONCE in our original transactions from LAST week did you mention to me about "going to spring break/ family emergency". The only thing that you mentiond is that you would NOT be able to ship me the flash until Monday and was I ok with that. I agreed to that, yes I did and I even gave you some extra money to help with shipping! I sent you an email an Monday, a pm thru here on Monday and never heard anything. I log back on here and see where jhelms posted his info about taking it and then next thing it's sold! That is when I posted on here Tuesday as to let me know when it ships. Which YOU NEVER specified to WHOM you sold this supposed flash to! SO it looks like you sold the same thing to 2 different people! Did you actually do that and scared to admit you messed up?

It was NOT until this morning that you actually contacted me by pm and stated that you were out of town on Spring break/ family or friend emergency and that this "other friend" was supposted to ship it out but then got sick and it might be this weekend before it ships. And the flash is actually in another Town and/or State. I clearly remember and read where you DID say that you understand if I am pissed and did offer a partial refund. That is when I insisted a full return of my money. That is when you could NOT understand why I wanted my money back and started demanding to see proof of where I was accusing you of changing your story. I showed you proof by sending you back all of your pm's with the date/time stamp and you called me a LIAR and said that I put that info in there. THAT I DO NOT TAKE LIGHTLY.... And you go on to comment on how YOU do not understand why I got so agitated and then try to tell me that I must be new to this site and the realm of online buying, when you are just a child and newer to this site than I am.

Shall I go on about how you wanted to know WHY I left you negative feedback on this thread? Are you THAT blind to see what you did?

I've reported this thread to the mods and request it be locked to preserve any information that I might need if I do not get my money back from Paypal.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited March 25, 2009
    If you have an issue with the sale of an item, feel free to discuss it but please keep it civil or the posts will be removed.

Thanks.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 30, 2009
    Unbrok3n wrote:
    PLUS
    I might consider trades.

Got your pm and replied, payment sent, thanks!
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    Just a quick update on this one...

Zach has communicated well with me, but couldn't get the flash shipped out from the person he was counting on and hasn't gotten it back in his hands yet so he is refunding me the purchase price for now (I'll still take it if/when he physically gets it in hand and can send it to me).
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 13, 2009
    John you are more understanding than I would be in this situation. If I you were selling something and I sent you the money you had better deliver the product. This has been going since the 19th of March and this guy still doesn't have the flash that he is selling.headscratch.gif
    If he don't have the flash in his posession then he should NOT try to sell it!
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2009
    I realize that now.
    I didnt think it would be such a nightmare.
    I take full responsibility, dont worry.
    I dont know why MORE people have to join in on this. haha.
    Oh well. You gotta pay for your mistakes I guess.

captain78 wrote:
    John you are more understanding than I would be in this situation. If I you were selling something and I sent you the money you had better deliver the product. This has been going since the 19th of March and this guy still doesn't have the flash that he is selling.headscratch.gif
    If he don't have the flash in his posession then he should NOT try to sell it!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited April 13, 2009
    Everyone's had their say and there is really nothing new to add.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
This discussion has been closed.