Options

Monthly mailing to show off new gallery

KevinGKevinG Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 11, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hello Everyone,
First post here, as I'm on a 14 day trial with Smugmug. I'm currently with Zenfolio which has generally been okay but I was looking to move to Smugmug for a few reasons. I've just finished my basic Smugmug site and was planning to get a Portfolio Account if I wouldn't lose out on a few things. I have only the Basic low level plan with Zenfolio and what I do is send out a monthly mailing from WITHIN Zenfolio (where all my contacts are stored), to show off new wildlife images in a gallery. The email does not just send out a link, but it is formatted by Zenfolio to present 4 or 5 preview thumbnails within the email, which makes it more enticing to click on. My question is, is there ANYTHING similar within Smugmug? I have a feeling there is not, that there is just a means to send a link to be cut and paste into your own email to be sent out. Is this correct? I've never seen it mentioned anywhere and I can't believe this wouldn't be important to others. I've attached a file of what I'm talking about. Thanks for any response or help. BTW, here is the basic Smugmug site I've developed (without many images uploaded yet). I hope I can move forward, but without a nice looking email or something similar, I'll probably stay with Zenfolio. :-(
http://www.kevingianniniphotos.smugmug.com
Kevin

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2016
    Hi Kevin and welcome to DGrin! wave.gif
    You could take a look at our share email feature. It includes a photo in an email along with a link that brings the recipient of the email to the photo in the gallery, where they could also view the other photos in the gallery.
    The share email itself can't be customized at this point.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2016
    Thank you Sebastian - I will check that out and see how it looks! I presume that option is available to all levels. I know there was an automatic event mailing or something that was available to only upper subscribers.
    Thanks again,
    Kevin
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2016
    One more question (I think). Is there any way to load contact info (email addresses) into Smugmug from another source, such as Google? I suspect the answer is "no" since it seems you must enter each email address individually. I have a couple of hundred contacts though that I email every month. Please don't make me cry.
    Regards,
    Kevin
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited February 10, 2016
    Welcome to SmugMug Kevin! I'm one of the Product Managers here and I'm in charge of monitoring the posts here on dgrin. You have some excellent questions.

While we don't have the same ability to include 4 or 5 photos, we do send a preformatted email with one photo. It certainly is more enticing than just a regular plaintext email. Underneath a photo, or in the lightbox, click on the "Share" button, then click on "Social" and you'll find an email icon.

Unfortunately, we're going to make you cry with regards to importing contacts. :cry I'm taking a note to bring it back to the team for when we improve Contacts in the future.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2016
    Thank you Leftquark, I appreciate your response!
    Regards,
    Kevin