Options

Yosemite -- Wawona Moments

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited May 10, 2005 in Landscapes
After a grueling weekend of little sleep, achy muscles, itchy eyes, way too many trips on that road between Wawona and the Valley... here are the start of many pictures I have to post.

We finally got to the Wawona, and I liked this view a lot. Wished I'd had more time to just sit and savor...

DSC05262w.jpg

A reminder from someone who had the time to enjoy a cup of coffee and the view.

DSC05263w.jpg

While trying to savor my little respite, I noticed this reflection on the glass topped table on the porch.

DSC05265w.jpg

Alas, I had no time to sit in the chair on the lawn...

DSC05485w.jpg

Renee Davis and Rayna Golden had this sink in their room. I couldn't resist. They are all witness (with much thanks to the curtain holder to let in the light, Ed Golden) that this was NOT an easy photo to take. Handheld, natural light.

DSC05483w.jpg

Enjoy my Wawona Moments...

Comments

• Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Nice reflection shot. What a great place. So much to do so little time.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 9, 2005
    Very nice Dee thumb.gifthumb.gif

My wife asked me if I had gotten any shots of the Wawona and I had zero rolleyes1.gif Your fine shots will enable her see the place clap.gif

It was nice to finally met yourself, Ed and Rayna. We had a ball, didn't we? Let me know if you want to go shoot some swallow/egrets this week :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Anyone shoot the shower? (Note the singular. naughty.gif)
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    A SINK? IN A ROOM?

That's as rare as a freaking spirit bear, at the Wawona ;-)

Now as for action shots, someone tossing out a pee bottle at 3 am might have been funny, if embarrasing :uhoh
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    It was the only room I was in...
    CatOne wrote:
    A SINK? IN A ROOM?

That's as rare as a freaking spirit bear, at the Wawona ;-)

I got a similar reaction from Shay and Jennifer.... Renee Davis was the lucky one then I guess.

She also had a closet, a window, and an adjoining room door that was locked. And... the electricity worked?
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    I have a few more
    Very nice Dee thumb.gifthumb.gif

My wife asked me if I had gotten any shots of the Wawona and I had zero rolleyes1.gif Your fine shots will enable her see the place clap.gif

It was nice to finally met yourself, Ed and Rayna. We had a ball, didn't we? Let me know if you want to go shoot some swallow/egrets this week :D

Steve

I haven't finished picking out the shots I want to process yet. I'll post one or two more of Wawona then for you... :):

Swallow/egrets sounds good...
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    Thanks Johno
    johno wrote:
    Nice reflection shot. What a great place. So much to do so little time.

peace.
    johno~

With all the rain puddles I got a couple of good reflection shots, but I'm glad you liked the one I saw on the glass topped table. I'm so glad we got a variety of weather that weekend, even if it did rain Sunday...
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Very cool Dee, I wish I would have thought to take pictures up on the porch when we were all together on Friday..
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2005
    Ed
    ehughes wrote:
    Very cool Dee, I wish I would have thought to take pictures up on the porch when we were all together on Friday..

I was so frazzled I was shell shocked... thought of trying to take pictures of everyone but it was a fleeting one at best!

Did anyone take a group photo? Not staying at the Wawona, I think I missed out on a lot, but I had a good time anyway.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    I was so frazzled I was shell shocked... thought of trying to take pictures of everyone but it was a fleeting one at best!

Did anyone take a group photo? Not staying at the Wawona, I think I missed out on a lot, but I had a good time anyway.
    Ah, that explains it. I hadn't realized you stayed somewhere else. Too attached to your creature comforts, eh? lol3.gif

No, no group shot at the Wawona, not that I saw, anyway. Too much like herding cats (or dogs, in the case of 4labs.)
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    That looks like a pretty cool lodge. I like the plywood fencing rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Anyone shoot the shower? (Note the singular. naughty.gif)
    what, you didn't have a shower in your room? blbl.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    dee, that's my latte cup!
    heheh i recall leaving it on the front porch of the main building :D nice work love your photographic eye....
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    I love all of them, but the coffe cup is TOPS.
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    Thanks Greaper!
    GREAPER wrote:
    I love all of them, but the coffe cup is TOPS.

The minute I saw that poor lonely deserted coffee cup I knew it was Kodak Moment for nostalgia...

I actually moved the table with the cup on it and lined it up with those marvelous wicker chairs on the porch. The light was just right too, nice and soft.

It's one of my favorite shots from the trip.
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    andy wrote:
    what, you didn't have a shower in your room? blbl.gif
    So......we got bathrobes to use to go to the community shower....so there.