Can't play HD vids from my HDR-SR-11 on PC

heynowheynow Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited May 28, 2008 in Video
Yes I have downloaded the program to play and save vids on SR-11. It seems to be saving it right but can't play it. Any of you have solution to this probs? thanks heynow

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2008
    It may help if you can give us a bit more information on the PC, is it a Mac or windows based system? which OS you are using? The more information you provide the easier it maybe for other to help you.

Tim
  • heynowheynow Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2008
    can't play HD vids on PC sr-11
    draggin wrote:
    It may help if you can give us a bit more information on the PC, is it a Mac or windows based system? which OS you are using? The more information you provide the easier it maybe for other to help you.

Tim
    Yes. My PC is windows based. It's a 4 year old pentium 4 . I talked to the customer service at the Sony and was told that only way I could watch it is to convert it into mpeg-2 and wmd I believe. Was able to convert it into mpeg-2 but not sound but able to watch it. why no sound? Another thing I did was that I copied the files to my DVD burner as AVCD-what ever sony codec is and was told that I could now watch it on a blue ray machine but no OTHER. I took the DVD to best buy and played it on blue ray and saw the footage on a huge HD screen. Yes it was a success. Couldn't believe my eyes. I still can't watch it on my PC as is until converting it and losing the quality though. Was told by the sales at the best buy that my PC is too old. Sony people suggested that I convert one file to watch it on my PC and keep the original file. Maybe there's a program that I can download to play it. thank you heynow
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited May 28, 2008
    You might try CoreAVC.

http://www.coreavc.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

It appears to work well with older machines and is the same codec as some BluRay machines use.

A trial version is available, but if it works for you on a single CPU machine, get the "Standard" version at $8.

You will want to play the videos using "Haali Media Splitter", which, I think, is included with the purchase version of CoreAVC.

Read about the splitter here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/introduction_haali_media_splitter.cfm

Good luck,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums