URL Shortener API?

TheMObTheMOb Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
If we are using the API 2.0, is there a way to get the short url for an image? (i.e. http://smu.gs/xxxxx)

Thanks!

Comments

• gabbiegabbie Registered Users Posts: 66 Many Grins
    edited January 26, 2015
    As of now we don't have anything specifically built in to API 2.0 for getting short urls, there's just the shortener that exists today.
    gabbie
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • nyscoutnyscout Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2015
    Drat! The shortener was immensely helpful for referencing in my massive locations database, as it allowed direct access to galleries Even After They Had Been Moved to different folders. Is there any way to currently accomplish this? Any plans for reinstating this feature?
    edited February 23, 2015
    nyscout wrote: »
    Drat! The shortener was immensely helpful for referencing in my massive locations database, as it allowed direct access to galleries Even After They Had Been Moved to different folders. Is there any way to currently accomplish this? Any plans for reinstating this feature?

Hey nyscout! I just want to clarify something-the URL shortener is still there (and isn't going anywhere). You're still be able to use it the same way that you do today, we just don't currently have plans to move it into API v2.
    For the particular use case that you mention, you can also use API v2 to look up the album. That only requires an AlbumKey, which you can get from the album's WebUri. Using the AlbumKey, you don't need to have any information about what folder an album is in, so you'll be able to access albums consistently even if you're moving them around.
    gabbie
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • nyscoutnyscout Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    Thanks Gabbie. Perhaps I'm missing something... how do i see the album key for a particular album in the new API? The url only shows: "user.sumugmug.com/folderName/folderName/ablumName". There doesn't seem to be anything else.
    edited March 6, 2015
    Sorry, I misspoke in my previous post. In most situations the AlbumKey won't be in the WebUri. To get that information I'd recommend browsing your content through our Live API Browser. You can generate a list of all of the albums on your account or in a particular folder and see the AlbumKeys there. To generate a list of all of your albums, just use this link and replace "USERNAME" with your information: https://api.smugmug.com/api/v2/user/USERNAME!albums . You'll see a list of albums names and uris that include the key.
    If you'd like to learn more about our API endpoints and the live browser, check out our API documentation here.
    gabbie
    SmugMug Product Manager