Options

Yahoo/ aabaco

PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited February 1, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Canon someone here help me with a question?

I have a yahoo domain that is used for my smugmug site. Ive been getting emails that say I have to tansfer my account to a Aabaco company.

From what I have been reading, this new company has alot of issues.
I was thinking that I would rather just use the smugmug name that originally came with my smugmug site.
I dont know how to do this or I cant even remember the original name that came with my smugmug site

Thank you
Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited January 31, 2016
    Pamela wrote: »
    ...I can't even remember the original name that came with my smugmug site
    You can find your SmugMug site URL in your SmugMug Account Settings. It's in the Account tab - the top entry on that tab is Site URL.

If you don't want to use your custom domain any more, remove it from the Custom Domain field on that same page in Account Settings.

You will also want to remove the entries at your registrar that point your site at SmugMug. Maybe (at least temporarily) you might want to set up your registrar domain to forward to your smugmug URL so you don't lose any visitors who have and are using your custom domain.

Another option you have is to transfer your domain to a different domain registrar.

--- Denise
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2016
    Another option you have is to transfer your domain to a different domain registrar.
    With very rare exceptions (e.g. national domains like .ca) you have choices of registrar, and the existing registrar will have to cooperate to let you transfer.

Now GETTING them to cooperate is often an exercise in frustration as some figured if they make it tough you will just stay and pay more.

But if you like your domain, you may want to have a go at transferring it somewhere else if you don't like them (I do not know them so no comment). Personally I've used GoDaddy, Google and Network Solutions and all are reputable (each quite different). There's a bunch of other reputable ones if you hunt around a bit.